OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Handgun Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Red Dot for Ruger Mark III Hunter 22LR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Dot for Ruger Mark III Hunter 22LR
    Posted: March/20/2007 at 20:43
new to optics ....I am picking up a Ruger Mark III Hunter 22LR this weekend  and am thinking I would like to put on a red dot. I would like to pay $150 or less and would like silver if at all possible since hunter is S/S.  Any suggestions on a good Red Dot wouuld be appreciated. Ruger comes Drilled and tapped for Weaver-style scope adapter which is included Thanks
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 10:43
300230 New Burris 1x FastFire Red-Dot Reflex Sight                 New Burris 1x FastFire Red-Dot Reflex Sight
  • Matte
  • 4 MOA Dot
  • Picatinny Mount
SWFA: $165.95
More Info... Buy Now
This is close to your price range. I really prefer Aimpoints and EOTechs but they are lots more money.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Digou View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 14:34

Urimaginaryfrnd
Besides the Burris, would you please give us the model number of the:

Aimpoint

EOTechs

Also, what do you think of the Ultradot in comparison with Aimpoint and EOTech?

I also have a RugerMark III Hunter and searching for a red dot.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 18:41
11911 New Aimpoint Micro R-1 Red Dot Sight                        New Aimpoint Micro R-1 Red Dot Sight
  • Silver
  • 4 MOA Dot
  • 30mm
  • Weaver-Style Mount Included
  • Submersible to 15 feet
SWFA: $539.95
More Info... Buy Now

AIMPOINT® MICRO R-1

Micro R-1 - This member of the Micro family of sights is designed and built with the competitive handgunner in mind. With its silver metallic finish and its 104 g, the Micro R-1 is perfect on pistols and revolvers for NRA Action Pistol or IPSC competition. With its 4 MOA dot size, the Micro R-1 is also ideally suited for use on stainless hunting rifles.

512A65 EOTech 510 Tactical Holosight Rev. F                        EOTech 510 Tactical Holosight Rev. F
  • 65 MOA Ring w/ 1 MOA Dot
  • Free Neoprene Protective Cover w/ Purchase
  • Free 2 "AA" Batteries w/ Purchase
SWFA: $376.95
More Info... Buy Now

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
odawgp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odawgp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2007 at 21:24
i have an ultradot on my 50 cal MZ. it even took a good smack a few yrs ago and it still works great for the money i paid 5 yrs ago it was worth it

i have eotech on an ar15 and it is flawless. i like the AA batteries as opposed to the N button cell batteries that most of the others use but they are pricey. Eothech makes the
bushnell holosight they are about half $$$ 250

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/530021/bushnell_holosigh t_xlp.htm
niles coyote View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niles coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2008 at 20:15
Depending on what you are using it for the red dots above will work fine. However if you are wanting to use it for small critters be careful on how big that red dot will be. I do alot of squirrel hunting and Ive found anything much bigger than 3moa (dot size) will completely cover the squirrels head. Making it difficult to get consistent hits.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic