OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Conquest vs Swar American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2007 at 19:39
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Zeiss CS is good to great. I know from experience.

I say go for a top shelf scope like a Zeiss VM/V or S&B rather than pay $400 more for a Swaro American.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Or get the Conquest and save some cash.

The Swaro kind of falls between the cracks with the advent of the Conquest.

Cheap Trick, on a light sporter, a 30mm looks a little awkward to my eye.  Would you say the Swaro A line is the best scope in a 1"?

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2007 at 19:56
Originally posted by BobH BobH wrote:

Cheap Trick, on a light sporter, a 30mm looks a little awkward to my eye.  Would you say the Swaro A line is the best scope in a 1"?

What do you mean by awkward, Bob? Too bulky?

The Swaro A is a very nice 1" scope optically speaking, I'm just not sure for the $$$ NEW, that it's a "good buy" for the reasons I've already stated. That's just my take...

The best optics of the 1" tubers?? Probably the Swaro A or a Kahles.

BobH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2007 at 21:53

Cheap Trick, I own a Zeiss 30mm for another rifle, and I think it is just too heavy and bulky for this little rifle I am thinking of.

I have a Burris Fullfield II on the sporter now, and I have never had any trouble with it, but the more I hang around this webpage, the more I find myself thinking of new optics.  The rifle is top notch, and I am thinking of putting a KX or a Swarovski on top.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2007 at 02:58

The rifle is top notch, and I am thinking of putting a KX or a Swarovski on top.

Bob, "The Hive" here LOVES the Kahles!! 

What power range are you thinking on?? 

Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2007 at 05:20
I will agree that the swaro will outperform the conquest optically, if you can afford either one it would be the superior choice. However the conquest is one of the best values for dollar spent from my experience out there, the money spent for the optics provided kind of sets the benchmark between mid range scopes and the top of the line models. Notice it gets compared to every new model mid range that hits the market?

focus

Edited by Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
BobH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2007 at 11:28
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

The rifle is top notch, and I am thinking of putting a KX or a Swarovski on top.

Bob, "The Hive" here LOVES the Kahles!! 

What power range are you thinking on?? 

Thinking of the 3-9x36 swaro or the 3-9x42 Kahles. 

BobH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2007 at 11:30
Focus, I agree that everything looks great on the Conquest, just considering something a little different. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic