OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Electronic Coyote Calls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwattedOut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electronic Coyote Calls
    Posted: March/20/2007 at 08:49
Does anyone have any personal experience with the various electronic predator calls? We're going to try coyote hunting. I don't want to get in too deep yet, but I don't want to waste money on something that doesn't work well. Thanks.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 08:58

A buddy of mine has one and we've used it, and despite the totally natural sounds recorded from real animals, for some reason, we've honestly had better success from mouth calls.  I don't understand why, but so far, that's been the case for us.  I wouldn't let my experience sway you away from the electronic calls though, as you may have an entirely different result.  Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 09:34

SwattedOut
Mouth calls are the way to go.

We have used both and the mouth call gives you more of a lively pitch than the one recorded dose.also coyotes are sneaky animals.

GOOD LUCK with it.

Big

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 12:36
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

A buddy of mine has one and we've used it, and despite the totally natural sounds recorded from real animals, for some reason, we've honestly had better success from mouth calls.  I don't understand why, but so far, that's been the case for us.  I wouldn't let my experience sway you away from the electronic calls though, as you may have an entirely different result.  Just thought it was worth mentioning.

i agree 100% mouth calls work awesome.

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SwattedOut View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwattedOut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 13:45
Thanks. That's good news. Certainly affordable.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 14:30
the only down fall with mouth calls is that unless you have someone you know who has a lot of experience with a mouth call, you wont draw the smart coyotes in, it takes a lot of practice to coax em in when theyve been shot at before.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 16:16

I have both and prefer mouth calls. They fit in my pocket and make life easy. My electronic call is a 10 year old Johnny Stewart. The new units using MP3 technology are much smaller and carry easy. They might be worth a try. I picked the Stewart unit up from someone who bought a Foxpro and they really like it.

http://www.gofoxpro.com/main.htm

I would start off with a mouth call and see how it goes. Here are some free call sounds you can download on your computer.

http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm#Calling

Edited by tahqua
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 16:35
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Here are some free call sounds you can download on your computer.

http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm#Calling

Hey, thanks for posting that link, tahqua!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 16:45
Your welcome, RD. Varmint Al's is an excellent web page.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic