OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWIFT LLC.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWIFT LLC.
    Posted: March/18/2007 at 22:17
A friend of mine just gave his youngest son a Savage 250-3000 out of his collection...  He is 13 years old and claims to be an expert varmint hunter...  He has saved some of his snow-plowing money towards a new scope...He is convinced he wants a Barska.....After much discussion and searching the web, he is open to some advice...  His dad wants to know about Swift...They used to be O.K. in some reguard, but in 2006 the scope and binoc  side of Swift went off on their own...  Please keep in mind this young man is a stubborn Pennsylvania hot head, seems to be a thing with them, so getting this far is not a small challange..!!!!  Does anybody have some "real" tips on the new SRP PREMIRE varmint class scopes..  I will pass it on to him, and tell him it came from the experts on the OT..  Maybe he will sign up    THANX,     HOT 30
CarnageZ28 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarnageZ28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2007 at 23:50

Actually, you'd be suprised how clear the glass is on Swifts Premier line up.  And the warrenty is pretty awesome.

In all honesty, I would buy one of these over a VX I or comparable.  Their cheaper, just as clear, in my expereince, as durable.  My Dad had one hes smashed around a few times now hunting.  Always stays right on.  And if something does ever come up, you take it to a Swift DEALER, and they exchange right then and there.  No waiting for repairs or shipping anything back and forth.  Its a pretty sweet deal if your hard up for money and need a scope.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 08:25
Originally posted by CarnageZ28 CarnageZ28 wrote:

Actually, you'd be suprised how clear the glass is on Swifts Premier line up.  And the warrenty is pretty awesome.

In all honesty, I would buy one of these over a VX I or comparable.  Their cheaper, just as clear, in my expereince, as durable.  My Dad had one hes smashed around a few times now hunting.  Always stays right on.  And if something does ever come up, you take it to a Swift DEALER, and they exchange right then and there.  No waiting for repairs or shipping anything back and forth.  Its a pretty sweet deal if your hard up for money and need a scope.

i agree with you 100% i have looked through some of these scopes as my gun dealer sells a few of them and they actually seem like a fairly nice scope, i would put them in the nikon buckmaster category, and yes there warranty is sweet no mailing nothing just straight across the counter with a new one. they have been in business for a long time since the 1920's i believe and if they dont have it figured out by now then nobody does. i have been thinking about buying a 4x12 for my 22-250.

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 16:20
I own plenty of Swift Premier scopes and the optics are awesome.  I had planned to put a Fullfield II on a nice rifle and just happened to look through and compare it with a Swift Premier I had removed from another rifle.  The Swift was clearly superior to my eyes at all magnifications.  The Swift is now sitting on the rifle.  I have never had any problems, but I do not shoot as much as many people, I think I own too many rifles.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 17:07

Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

...I think I own too many rifles.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 17:26
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

...I think I own too many rifles.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are correct sir!

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 20:36
any man who thinks he has too many rifles need a head scan.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 21:04

I think I own too many rifles.

Don't wear any metal objects during an electrical storm    
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 08:21

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

any man who thinks he has too many rifles need a head scan.

That is also true sir!

CarnageZ28 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarnageZ28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 13:06

Finally, someone else who has used a Swift.

I have one on my .223 target/varmint/anything else where a 20 lbs rifle is ideal set up, 6-24X50.  Its awesome.  My Dad's never had any problems with his 4-12 either.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic