OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Good eatin!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: What do you find a good course ??
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
14 [87.50%]
2 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2007 at 12:04
¡Sí yo a por favor!!!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2007 at 12:33

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2007 at 19:12
Originally posted by Stephanie Stephanie wrote:

FYI I Tried a oyster one time. Don't chew whatever you do... I could not get ride of that thing!

Do those thing grow while you chew them????

Oysters really have to be eaten the same day they are caught.  I used to go to Baltimore a lot for business a few years ago.  Since then, I can't it oysters on the West Coast.  They just do not taste the same.

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2007 at 19:24
walleye or yellow pearch, hard to beat them from the cool waters of the land of 10,000 lakes.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
fishnpbr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnpbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2007 at 22:57
I agree with pyro, prefferably (spelling ?) caught through the ice.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2007 at 07:14

Originally posted by fishnpbr fishnpbr wrote:

I agree with pyro, prefferably (spelling ?) caught through the ice.

oh yeah!!!

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
ROCKMAN57 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROCKMAN57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2007 at 08:21

A tip of my hat to the crappie when voting from the list supplied and for the fish fry.

For baking,broiling or on the grill then I'd have to toss a coin up for flat fish or red snapper.

Yummie!

I can smell um cookin

Walk softly,keep the wind in your face and watch your back
ROCKMAN57 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROCKMAN57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2007 at 08:25

Then again a properly prepared Dorado is very hard ta beat.

Man I'm gettin hungry.

My belly thinks my throats been cut.hehehe

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2007 at 08:31

I'm kinda partial for some slow cook amber jack myself.

But right now after reading this some beaniewhinnies would work ....got the tummy rummbling

ROCKMAN57 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROCKMAN57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2007 at 08:46
 The boat is goin for a ride week-end after next come ta think of it.Will let yall know what we bring home.Saltwater this trip though.Momma says I better bring her some flatfish home.hehehe
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2007 at 09:33

The only one I like on the list is crappie, but did I hear perch on ice?

We might get one more day in on Lk. St. Clair up here. The ice is moving out fast.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2007 at 18:53
so nice ones in there.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2007 at 14:42
What is sandbass?  I love catfish and large mouth bass, bream and crappie.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 08:46
I think it is also known as white bass...
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 15:27

Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

What is sandbass?  I love catfish and large mouth bass, bream and crappie.

I believe it's a smaller relative to the striped bass.  Yes, Steph, it's also sometimes referred to as white bass

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/wtb/

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 16:16
Does anybody eat carp?  We used to catch them on light tackle just for the fun of it, but never thought about eating one, always heard they were terrible.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 16:58

That's nasty! Never have, never will, Heard that stuff is nasty too!    I will pass..........

fishnpbr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnpbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 17:59
Tahqua were on Lake St Clair do you fish? We fish at Fiar Haven, Brandenburg Park. Cotton Rd., Selfridge, Metro Baech, Ginos or the DNR launch at Crocker and Jefferson. We had a pretty good year. That is a nice mess of perch! There is still some ice but it is gettin dicey.

Edited by fishnpbr
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 18:37

I fish most of those spots, fishnpbr. I usually fish off the mouth of the Salt River from Sun Rise Marina or at the foot of Meldrum St. just north of the Salt. This is exactly half way between the Salt and Brandenburg. I tried going out yesterday but thought the best of it since I went in up to my neck two weeks ago. As you know all the people that bubble really disturb the ice along shore..............brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The satellite pics here http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?regio n=e&page=1 show that all the ice on Lake Huron, Lk. St. Clair and Lake Erie is pretty much history. What was there blew out with those strong west winds last week. It's stacked up on the Canadian side now.

I was even going to try Harsens Island yesterday but these guys from http://www.ficiousjigs.com/ are hard core and he went through there yesterday, too. http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177 759

This guy kept on fishing and caught a decent mess of gills and crappie, both good eaters. There is another picture on this thread that is really choice if you know what I mean.

It looked like some fishing was happening at Fairhaven out front of old Bud's but the reports were negative.

Hope to catch you on channel 7 next season. All the http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/index.html members report throughout the fishing day. 

Edited by tahqua
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 07:49

Trout - fun to catch; nasty to eat

Crappie - great to eat

Anybody mention bream or bluegill?  They're small and take some work, but they are the best tasting fish I know of.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic