OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold New Boresighter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrenchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold New Boresighter
    Posted: March/11/2007 at 00:04
From what I've been able to learn the Leupold magnetic boresighter seems like a good product. You take it with you to
the range and fire a shot at a target placed at 100 yds. Then you put the boresighter on the muzzle and align the shot hole on
the target with the center of the boresighter. Where the scope's reticle is pointing tells you what adjustments are needed. Am I
correct on this ? I've tried lasers that go into the chamber and the ones that mount to the muzzle but really shooting the rifle
is going to give you the best idea of what the gun and ammo are doing IMHO. Appreciate any further input or users of this
product opinions.       
There are three kinds of men. The ones who learn by reading, and the few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence.......... Will Rogers
TC209X50 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC209X50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2007 at 07:54
I just bought one but haven't got a chance to use it yet, although my scope is do in on Monday (back ordered) and I'll be trying it very soon. From what I read that is how it's supposed to work and I'm looking forward to using it. It appears to be made very well as with all Leupold products. I'll post how it works for me when I get a chance to use it. The only exception I see to your example is if it's a new scope you first align the reticle to the grid then go out to 100yrds and test fire and go from there.
Helodad View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helodad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 15:42

Well My 2cents I had one and returned it its not that easy to use. You have to figure out the height of the center of the scope. you call Leupold they can only help if you have Leupold rings and base. the Instructions say nothing about the center height, Plus if your not careful you will scratch up your barrel. I returned and was happy to do it. You could shot 20 round and do the same thing as this piece of s*&*.

Blackbird View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 17:10
Finding the height from the bore is easy. Just measure from the center of bolt shroud, (Rem 700) while the bolt is closed and locked, to the center of the ocular lens.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic