OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Seeadler Rifle Scopes ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338 BAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeadler Rifle Scopes ???
    Posted: March/10/2007 at 17:03
Seeadler Optik ,produces and sells since 1928 optical devices.Warranty period on the product is up to 15 years. They are
located in Germany in NURNBERG. You can check their entire line of scopes at www.seeadler-optik.de. Hope that helps.
A bad day of hunting it is better than a good day at work !!
ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2007 at 18:19

Well, I know where they are made because I am a small dealer of optics...I contact seeadler (they send me the catalog, price list and contract condition) .When I ask them where are made the scopes they told me that they are made in asia (also they talk about quality controls and bla, bla ).

There are a lot of brands (almost all the non europeans..., exept leupold and a few others... ), that dont have a factory.

Seeadler could be an aged name in optics but they ORDER to china/japan factorys their entire production.

You can look also, that another CHINESE brand ...called "NORCONIA" , that puts in their scopes "norconia, germany"....but norconia germany is just the brand ....their scopes are  made by norinco.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2007 at 14:39

Well, some of themare sure not cheap (inexpensive)!  Got the following off shootersupplies.com

SEEADLER OPTIK

POWER RETICLE TUBE DIA RR PRICE MODEL NO.
6 X 45 German #1 or 4

1"

$737.86 9300*
8 X 50 German #1 or 4

1"

$767.91 930**
8 X 56   German #4/Dot  Illuminated 

30mm

$1,272.70 93120

Trying to get more info but for now all I have read is that they are German engineered.

God save the Empire!
ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2007 at 15:58
Im not telling that are bad scopes....just that they are not made in Germany...they are made in asia

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2007 at 12:57

Originally posted by ots03 ots03 wrote:

Im not telling that are bad scopes....just that they are not made in Germany...they are made in asia

They look Cheap, they apear to be of Chinese quality by the pictures.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2007 at 16:00

Your slip's starting to show,

Edited by cyborg - August/29/2008 at 16:17
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2007 at 00:33
I think I will go out and buy an eye patch............ 
ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2007 at 14:25

Well, seeadler scopes is a brand (just a brand) that order their entire production to asia (china for the low line..japan for the top of the line )...is just like "american" bushnell, redfield, sprinfield armory ...so, you can find really bad products and really good products with the same BRAND.

I think that the only reason to buy this scopes is GLAMOUR:..germans have a non pareled reputation in scope making..so if you buy a scope with german name ( ....made in china..but almost nobody knows that) you are respected.

I think that buy a 100% reliable brand is a far better option ...(probably no people looks or make a comment about your leupold..but you know that is a first quality, made in usa, fully warranty product and this is more important than the name.

If you really want a first class german scope look at german made zeiss, hensoldt, kaps, gerhardt or schmidt bender.

timbercruiser View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbercruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2007 at 20:42
I have a Seeadler 3x15x56 I bought several years ago. It, thus far, is a pretty nice scope, tight, and appears to be well constructed. It isn't as nice as my Zeiss Diavari, but it didn't cost as much either. I think I paid about $345 for it. It says it was made in Neumberg (sp?) Germany, but honestly I couldn't swear where it was made. It does have a 1" tube which makes me question its parenthood somewhat.
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2007 at 22:08

I see the wind has blown yours well above your line of sight.....

HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 09:47

Hey Guys,I just joined this site today,and behold the first thing I find is a thread about Seeadler-Optik.Confused I am the U.S. importer and distributer for their optics.I first bought some of their scopes ~ 15 years ago and liked them so much, I decided to import them.Naturally I don't care much for seeing them on e-bay, but most of these are used anyway.The cost of a new one is typically much more than on e-bay because of costs associated with Customs. I hope you will be seeing them much more in the near future. Now for the BIG Question : are they made in Germany?

And the answer is.... it depends on how much production percentage you consider .No, they are not 100% manufactured in Germany. They have contractors provide them with many parts just like everyone else.(who has time to make small parts like turret caps or o-rings?) Seeadler performs final assembly,their own coatings, and quality control, and ALL the engineering. No matter how you look at it,they are excellent optics for the money.( I guess I am biased though.)  All the products have changed, and the pictures on this post are of old, discontinued models. Even the company website has not been updated in some time.(very small company) I hope this helps, if anyone has questions , contact me with an e-mail and I'll send you a phone # or you can send me yours.I will also have PDF catalogues soon. And one final thought: Seeadler is German for the Sea-Eagle , which has excellent vision. Big smile   Contact me,ASPHUNTER, I have a small token for you for all your efforts.Big smile

Edited by HuntMaster
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 11:37
Just a "shot" in the dark here, by the way the post is going-- I'm quessing a crazy german captain or officer that did wild an daring stuff of some boat or maybe a zeppilin or something that was probably named something to do with this product or similar.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 12:02
Ich spreche deutsche un poco--- the von was a give away
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 14:26
The company has been around since 1928. Apparently they are doing something right. The company is owned by Frau Claudia Bernet, who inherited it when her father died ~ 1989. They did go through an "ugly phase" where there was some problems, but now are making some really great stuff. I know all the customers I serve have more often than not been repeat customers who went out on a limb to try something they had never heard of before and now LOVE 'EM. It's a matter of personal choice and finances. I know many who swear by their Simmons, Tascos, and Barska's. ( I don't need one of them there rich boy scopes. Mine will last just as long as their's will! It ain't so cheap either, I paid $60.00 for it !! )   Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 14:30
Welcome to The OT, HuntMaster.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 15:35
Thanks for the greeting, cheaptrick. I just found this site last night and have found some interesting discussion already. I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of Seeadler. I've owned lots of major brands, but I am happiest with these. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 15:37
I don't think I've ever seen a Seeadler scope.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2007 at 18:44
Welcome to OT HuntMaster. Thanks to you for turning us on to something new. I look forward to more information on these scopes.

Edited by cyborg - August/29/2008 at 16:13
Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic