OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic ClosedCounterfeit Leupolds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2007 at 12:52
MEA CULPA

tahqua you and I were skillfully set up by OMAK, a conveniently new member. the reasons behind
it I can only guess
but very well done, even to the carefully staged pictures of the "Leupold" to sucker us in.
there are obviously some members of this forum who will go to any depth (including threats of
hunting one down) to
control the forum. as you put it so well:" I've got far more important things to be angry about."
and that does not include the sick f-ing around by the gang of 5. Guess who gets my money
henceforth..

Edited by asphunter
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2007 at 13:43
asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2007 at 20:03
Perfect... the collective I.Q. of 5 watermelons. Could not have put it any better.
Too bad the "Gunny" isn't about...he knows how to deal with watermelons and other fruits.

omak View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2007 at 23:59
i didn't set anyone up.  i didn't want the counterfeits to be propagated any more than most of us here.  the picture matched the description of the Leupold fakes(silver laser etched marking instead of black on black).  i PM'd the highroad admin for intervention...i did not start a public confrontation by calling the guy a "dummie" or dishonoring his family.   now you're accusing me of setting you up with some elaborate consipracy(like i could predict that you'd start calling him names)?    it seems easy for you to attack everyone over the anonymity of the internet, but instead of shooting from the hip at every moment, maybe you should try to be more tactful in pursuing the same end result.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2007 at 03:38

Originally posted by asphunter asphunter wrote:

Perfect... the collective I.Q. of 5 watermelons. Could not have put it any better.
Too bad the "Gunny" isn't about...he knows how to deal with watermelons and other fruits.

Tell The Gunny how you insulted the memory of Cpl. Squires.

You didn't apologize for that, although you did admit being wrong (due to a conspiracy)  about the Mark 4.

Your the only counterfit in this thread or the other, Larry.

Have a good one.

asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2007 at 10:28
CT I quote:

"I've been in the concrete construction game for going on 20 years now.
I'm a one trick pony..... "

and your out put is the same as the pony.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire until fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
"You never hear the shot that kills you."

Read and heed before you start your trip to "hunt me" you sad, lonesome, little man whose life is given meaning
by being a Optics Master Extraordinaire and sucking up to the few on the blog who know one end of a scope
from another. Take your shill and go to the woodshed.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2007 at 12:22

Yeah well thats cool and all Larry, cool use of emoti-cons, but if you have time to set me straight, why then can't you find time to FINISH the apology you started on THR thread??

Is the rest of your apology about the Marine on lay away??  What's the hold up??

Or do you plan to do nothing?? 

Seeing you "wither on the vine" in that thread concerning the Leupold fake was priceless.  

(Too bad you couldn't offer your apology with as much passion and fervor as you did the rebuke.)

Your personal attacks on the original poster and his step brother were despicable.

I gained no pleasure from witnessing that, trust me.

I wouldn't have bothered dragging it over here....Like you did.

One other thing:

The reason I knew about the THR thread was because of YOU!   

Your "I'm going in with guns blazin" routine HERE put you on my radar screen, Larry.

Cracking on you is soooo easy because, (like I told you in your other screen name), you do all the work for me. 

And lastly, I'm not hunting you Larry.

That comment about "the hunter being the hunted" was for the original poster at THR going to your backside when he saw ALL those bad things you said about him and his family member.

He was nicer than I would have been.

I don't know how that got wrapped around your axle.  

I'll be watching the THR thread, per your recommendation , to see if you finish the job AT HAND.

Don't bother me with your rantings until you take care of bidness.

Another great quote"If you can't stand the heat....get out of the kitchen"  

Edited by cheaptrick
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2007 at 13:44
Originally posted by omak omak wrote:

i didn't set anyone up.  i didn't want the counterfeits to be propagated any more than most of us here.  the picture matched the description of the Leupold fakes(silver laser etched marking instead of black on black).  i PM'd the highroad admin for intervention...i did not start a public confrontation by calling the guy a "dummie" or dishonoring his family.   now you're accusing me of setting you up with some elaborate consipracy(like i could predict that you'd start calling him names)?    it seems easy for you to attack everyone over the anonymity of the internet, but instead of shooting from the hip at every moment, maybe you should try to be more tactful in pursuing the same end result.

I have no problem what ever with your posting, omak. I was wrong about the scope myself and that is it. Chris straightened the authenticity issue. I have seen the fakes at local shows and those will be the only ones I assess anymore. I was too focused on the issue that I chose to remain blind to what was really happening. My fault and mine only. I am sorry this has gone this far and brought undue attention to the good people around here and at THR.
As far as deviating from the topic and making it personal, that is not the first time we have seen this around here from who ever is anyones "straw man". If you search back you will find that you literally have to smash Mark's button to make him angry. It's been smashed and he is right.
This is the internet and and everything is not always as it seems. I think one of the posters at THR said it right,  to take the "high road" on this. We cannot make personal attacks on someone and this one involved personal tragedy. Everyone should get the benefit of the doubt and let things go where ever that may be.
I have much to do with the scope issue and I was wrong and sorry for that. The personal attack I have nothing to do with but I am ashamed none the less.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2007 at 14:27

Good advise, Tahqua.

Let's move on.

Rootmanslim, asphunter, Larry, whoever you are.........See ya around.

asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2007 at 14:30
You would not want to........ and you will not as 2500 meters is a long way. VCD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2007 at 16:05

That sounds like a threat to me, tough guy. 

Hope I'm wrong.

asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2007 at 19:23
No I leave the "hunt you down" and "woodshed" threat to you Cracker Boy.
You just stay behind that mule plantin that cotton.
SC concrete mixer man (see below)

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2007 at 09:27

Originally posted by asphunter asphunter wrote:

...you sad, lonesome, little man whose life is given meaning
by being a Optics Master Extraordinaire and sucking up to the few on the blog who know one end of a scope
from another.

Hello pot, meet kettle!

Which one among us was once banned, upon leaving declared that "SWFA just lost a big sale" and "actions have consequences," then returned under another username and pathetically lied when confronted with his true identity by denying any knowledge of his former alias, Rootmanslim?

You're sure making a strong case for someone else being a sad, lonely person whose life is given meaning by this "blog," Slim.  Of course, hypocrisy is your artistic medium anyway...

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2007 at 10:15
I banned his IP address as well as his e-mail address in hopes that it will keep him away FOR GOOD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic