OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Question about Bushnell 4200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laundryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Bushnell 4200
    Posted: March/05/2007 at 21:33
 I just bought a new Bushnell Elite 4200, 4-16 x40mm . I am wondering if it's normal for the focus to change as I increase the magnfication? I put the magnifcation on around 4-6 and adjust the focus, then zoom into a higher magnification and it goes out of focus. Is this normal?  Thanks!
asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asphunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2007 at 22:25
No it is not. make sure you focus the crosshairs against the clear sky first at 16X. do not turn the
eyepiece while looking thru it. look away, turn it come back and so on. all you are doing is getting
the CH sharp as possible.
then set the power to 8, set the parralax at 100, set up a target at 100 and look at it
there should be no change in focus as you zoom in & out.
if there is, it is defective.
Laundryboy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laundryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2007 at 23:26
Thanks for the advice, I will try it that way tomorrow.
Murphy.177 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy.177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2007 at 07:40
Originally posted by asphunter asphunter wrote:

No it is not. make sure you focus the crosshairs against the clear sky first at 16X. do not turn the
eyepiece while looking thru it. look away, turn it come back and so on. all you are doing is getting
the CH sharp as possible.
then set the power to 8, set the parralax at 100, set up a target at 100 and look at it
there should be no change in focus as you zoom in & out.
if there is, it is defective.

What about when the depth of field gets smaller the higher you zoom??

Master Debater
asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asphunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2007 at 09:26
Yes it does but if your scope is focused and the parallax set right, a quality scope like the 4200 will not blur out.
were it a BSA or some 99 dollar special.... well that's another story.
Laundryboy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laundryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2007 at 17:57
Asphunter, I tried your recomendations and it made a big difference, thanks for the advice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic