OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell 6 24 40 dusk till dawn for 17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell 6 24 40 dusk till dawn for 17
    Posted: March/05/2007 at 14:01

http://www.swfa.com/pc-4947-183-bushnell-6-24x40-banner-dusk -dawn-rifle-scope.aspx  

whould this be an ok scope  its around the ammount i can afford. 

for my 17 hmr  cant get  really anything more have a very tight budget 

asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asphunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2007 at 22:48
it will probably be okay up to 12X or so before getting dark and fuzzy. why so much scope for a
200 yard (small varmints) rifle?
a good used 6X will do what you need unless you're shooting a fly (yes it's done). check out ebay or
the sample list
CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2007 at 10:14

ok   then   the  3.5 x 10 bushnell  banner 17  scope whould   a good choice?

"o h i belive shootign a fly is done"

Edited by CD82
CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2007 at 20:35

maybe i have changed my mind.   i looked at  the pentax gameseeker 3x9x40 scope today and  really likediit.  i  looked thoguh it  for osme time holdin it changin the zoom an felt confy with it.

i think i may buy this scope for my 17hmr  

CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2007 at 23:37

well  fridayt is the big day i get   my money. and im going to go  buy a scope  now. i looked thoguh a burris  fullfield ii 3x9x40 an i may sound nuts.  but i tried to get it to focus to my eyes an just couldnt do it.  it was very hard for me to see the  dots on the reticle an  i tried tinkerin with ths scope  for quite some tiem in the store.  

im still kinda stuck on  what to do now ive looked though severl banners an i like um. 

the  bushnell  banner 3.5x10x36 with the  17 hmr Bullet Drop Compensator are thease good scopes or?

only good for paper punching   

ive also got my  eye on the pentax gameseeker  3x9x40

an another bushnell banner   3x9x50  

still having toruble  figruin out what i should get  please any help 

asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asphunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2007 at 13:18
First of all here's how to focus a scope. Dont look thru it and turn the eyepiece. You look, look away at a distance (so you eyes refocus), turn it a 1/2 turn and look again and so on. Look at the clear blue sky and ONLY concentrate on getting the crosshairs sharp. If it has an adj objective set it at infinity first.
Again a 17 is a 200 yard rifle on small game. To get a good high power variable costs big money $400 or so. You don't need 10X to shoot a crow at 200 yards.
Again I suggest you lok at Ebay: for example,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagen ame=
STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220088846995&rd=1&rd=1

A flat new 6X that will probably close at around $75.00 and is superior to the cheap Asian scopes.I think you're making this far too hard on yourself.

30 BR View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30 BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2007 at 17:54

agood scope for the money is a weaver scope with the dot. 6x24. years ago I used LEUPOLD 12x

LOOK FOR A SCOPE THAT SOME ONE WANTS TO SELL IN VARMINTHUNTERS.COM. ON BENCHREST.COM. STICK WITH NAME BRAND

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic