OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mueller Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrenchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mueller Scopes
    Posted: March/04/2007 at 22:37
Any opinions on Mueller scopes ? Don't find them on SWFA, (competitor) or competitor. You can order them from the
company site. I'm a leisure time shooter at the range so Leupold, Sightron, Nikon, etc. is out of my price range. Thanks for any
input regarding this brand.
There are three kinds of men. The ones who learn by reading, and the few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence.......... Will Rogers
asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asphunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2007 at 23:10
before buying a Mueller, I'd go on ebay and get a quality used scope from a reputable maker.
I have bought many leupolds, Lymans, Burris, weaver and redfield scopes for the same or less money
than brands like Mueller and they far exceed the quality of these "no name" brands.
gr8jab View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8jab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2007 at 21:25

Well, I can tell you first hand, that I love my Mueller APV.  I can understand asphunter's concern over a 'no name' brand scope.  However, in this case, I'd suggest you try one before you pass judgement.

I've put one side-by-side against my Leupold, and I'm hard pressed to see any image quality difference.  The Leupold might be a bit brighter, but I can't tell for sure.

I put it on my 10/22 and it works great.  The adjustable objective markings are right on (which isn't always the case, even with a more expensive scope).  I sighted it in at 50 yards, then at 100 yards.  I can spin the elevation back and forth, and it is dead-on each time.  The point of imact doesn't change as I zoom in and out (which has always been a problem on cheap scopes).

There's a big writeup on rimfirecentral.com about Muellers, do a search at that web page.

hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2007 at 14:36
I have a Muller Extreme, and it was a great buy for the money, comparable to my Burris FFII and Nikon Monarch but I got target turrets for $150.
It has candy green lens coatings and a large ocular bell which is cool. the same power as the Mueller TacII but the TacII has the sunshade option and mil dots.

I may be looking to sell it to get the new Bushnell 4200 that comes out. Otherwise it's a great scope to have around.
Dragonslayer1500 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonslayer1500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2008 at 00:35
Is this the one you have?

I am looking for something for a Savage .17 HMR

hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2008 at 08:45
yeah, they are nice for the money, I'd buy the tac 2 if you can afford it or look at the new falcon menace.
I run burris on everything now, I sold the Mueller and bought a 4-14x44 Signature select Burris for $200 bucks. Its really nice
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 14:09
 Have had 2 ... never any problems .... but just went for the Monarch 6.5-20 SWFA has on sale . Had the oportunity to check out the Nikons at the local range . A world of difference ... but yes more money . Sold one mueller right on the spot and put that money towards my UCC Monarch .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 14:10
SWFA has muellers !!!
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic