OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hornady HM2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hornady HM2
    Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:00
By now we all know something about the 17HMR. Anyone know about the HM2? I'm thinking about a 10/22 conversion, might be why Hornady came out w/ this round. What do you think?
Carl in N. FL
Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:03
its a more cost effective way of producing the .17 since they use the same neck downed cases as a .22lr with ballistics similar to the hmr out to 150 yards

Edited by Manuel
Bart Simpson View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:06
Is this cartridge available yet? Heard of any rifles?
Carl in N. FL
Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:09
its not... it looked like sep but now more like nov\dec keep in mind a .17 hmr is still king of rimfire out to around 200 yards the .17 mach 2  is designed to keep cost low... u figure 50 rounds of good .17hmr is about $8-12  what if u could get .17 mach 2 50 rounds for the price of .22lr.... what would u shoot>>?

Edited by Manuel
Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:17
also i recently purchase a savage .17hmr Model 93R17-F cost me 168 bucks.. best damn 168 bucks i ever spent... at 50 yards shoots 3 shot groups u could cover with a nickel and at 100 yards groups u could cover with a quarter.. it has a bsa sweet .17 mounted atop =] best 230 bucks i have spent in a while
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:26

GEEEEZZ, you need to do a little shopping around for ammo, that is WAYYYY over priced, where you buying it from??? for $8-12 a ox, after a few boxes, a gun better show up on my doorstep. check out www.midsouthshooterssupply.com they have good prices on 17hmr ammo. i think its around $5 a box.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:29
haha i went there.... the .17hmr by hornady is all i shoot that vmax bullet is a gem its still 8 bucks there
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:30

i know of somewhere that its down to almost 5 bucks a pack, it'll come to my mind shortly.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Bart Simpson View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:39
Speaking of 17HMR, I've shot the Ruger and Marlin but haven't tried the Savage. Looked at one though  in heavy barrel stainless w/ synthetic. Pretty nice.
Carl in N. FL
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2004 at 21:42

i have a complaint with all 3 of those, the ruger, simply because its a ruger, the savage for the same reason, and the marlin for the trigger. that marlin trigger is pretty bad, but riflebasix has the perfect solution, and is available form cabelas for 79.99, and is adjustable from 10oz.-2lbs. im sure you can get it from (competitor) for less.

cory

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic