OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

game reaper scope mounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: game reaper scope mounts
    Posted: March/02/2007 at 14:42

although i have been reading your forum for awhile, this is my first time posting ...be gental...

i was wondering if any of you guys/girls had used the "game reaper" brand of scope mounts, and how they fair. my shooting buddy just mounted his R700 vs with a set, and it looks like it could take some abuse. Anyhow, these mounts are being made over here in NC, from what seems to be a small shop, but they look like they will hold up better then my leupold standerd set. I just wanted to know what the experts thought 

http://www.dednutz.com/

BTW - the SS 10x i bought from you guys, is one kick A... scope for the $$$,  the only queston is, how do i tell the wife, that i need another one ....i'll post some pics when the new stock comes in...

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2007 at 17:28

Welcome to The OT!!

I have seen the website only, not the product in person.

Made right here in North Cackalac, huh?

Glad you like the SS!!

Please post pics.

sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2007 at 11:26

well, yesterday, was the first time i saw a set, but honestly, i was checking out his new rifle more then the mounts. the machining looked to be done fairly well, and cut from one piece of AL. I know there not BO, but for a hunting rifle ( and $55 ) they should work.

i have allways been a little nervous about the leupold windage ajustment screws, and those little tabs on the rear mount breaking ( even though it has never happened to me )..

i'm in the process of building up 2 r700's, both .308's, one for hunting, and one for distance. the hunter should be ready to test fire this weekend. i cleaned up the trigger, but left the trigger pull at about 6#, bedded it into a shorter B+C kevlar stock ( 13" LOP )... had the bolt lapped and the feed ranp and chamber polished...wish me luck !

how do i post pics ? will i have to hotlink them to someplace like photobucket ? then post the addy ?

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2007 at 12:35

Email me your pics and I'll post them for ya.

cheaptrick@carolina.rr.com

sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2007 at 06:02

well, the only pics i have right now are, when i was putting it together, not the finfished rifle...but i'll send over 1-2 just as a teaser..  

i dropped the ss on the top, just to get bring it to the range for a day of fun, ... the rifle did fine, holding 4 shot groups to about 2 inches @ 200 yards, which is well enough for the intended function. the furthest i've ever shot at a living target (deer) was only at 125-150 yards out.

sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2007 at 16:31
so i broke down, and bought a set of the game reaper mounts for the r700,which will hold the nikon (should arive today ) ... the mounts look fine to me, 1 piece AL , rings and base, 4 mounting holes, fairly thick ... what would be the best way to "real world test" these to see what kind of abuse they can take ?
FloridaHunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloridaHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2007 at 08:51
I installed a DEDNUTZ GAME REAPER mount/rings set-up on my Browning A-bolt Stalker 30-06 (a 30mm high mount) and it is fantastic.  The fit and finish are terrific.  ALL of the mounting holes lined up PERFECTLY and the machining on the rings is PERFECT  also.  The bore of the rings is so true you can mount a scope and tighten the rings down tight and then undo everything remove the scope and the rings don't even leave a mark on the scope tube, yet everything is as tight as Dick's hat band when assembled.  When I bore sighted the scope it was almost dead on as-is and the range sight-in took 3 rounds to be cutting one ragged hole at 100yds!  The mount and rings, despite being aluminum, are heavy duty, but they weigh next to nothing compared to comparable steel rings and a one piece base; they ARE NOT cast, but CNC machined aluminum stock, and nicely finished.  I am HOOKED!  I have used Leopold DD rings and bases in the past and they are great, albeit heavy, but I will be using DEDNUTZ GAME REAPERS from here on out unless they don't make the mount I need. I have met the owner of the company (a hunter and skilled machinist) and he takes pride in his product and is expanding the list of available mounts.  Soon they'll have a Marlin lever gun mount.  BTW I did use blue locktite on the base screws that go into the receiver.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic