OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

better on a 50bmg, Bushnell Elite or ..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: better on a 50bmg, Bushnell Elite or ..
    Posted: February/27/2007 at 15:24

other..

i have a 14 pound 50 BMG that EATS scopes... i had a older "pre" swfa SS and it went twice to the warranty shop for the same problem..

i have talk to other with my same gun that have the new SWFA SS and had the same problem "rotating cross hairs".

i need a good scope under 500$ that can take the recoil and have a NO BS warranty

i know the Bushnell  was being shipped on the barretts.

right now im looking at the

Bushnell 6-24x40 Elite 4200 Rifle Scope

any other sugestions?

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2007 at 20:05

The current production scope has provisions that make it impossible for the reticle to rotate.

Ring View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2007 at 23:51
would you ay the new SS is the best 30mm scope you have for under 500?
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2007 at 09:21
What rifle are you shooting?
Ring View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2007 at 13:09

ultralight 50bmg it weighs 14lb's..

video of it shooting here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJZKSF3kRZQ

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2007 at 19:46

I have a 1x Burris Short Mag on a 45-70 handgun and it has held up well. I think I would put this on it though.

552XR500 New EOTech 552 Military Holosight                           New EOTech 552 Military Holosight
  • .50 Caliber Ballistic Reticle
  • 2 "AA" Batteries
  • Compatible with Gen I-IV Night Vision Systems
SWFA: $528.95
More Info... Buy Now

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asphunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2007 at 00:07
The military is using Schmidt and Benders on the Barretts. Might be a case of
"if you wanna play, you gotta pay."

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2007 at 11:42

Originally posted by Ring Ring wrote:

Yes

Ring View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2007 at 11:44
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Originally posted by Ring Ring wrote:

Yes

ok, i just ordered a brand new SS from you guys... if it holds up i will post a raveing review...

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2007 at 14:42

Good shooting, Ring.

My 10x SS is going to a buddy in NY to try out on his BMG "Fity" too.

I'm not the least bit nervous......

gconnoyer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gconnoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2007 at 21:35
Yea the USMC is starting to swap out the Unertl 10x's and putting those S&b's on their rifles (Barrett's and M40A3's) cost about $2500. But I guess if your paying $3 a shot and the lowest priced .50bmg i have seen for $1700 why not?
asphunter View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor

Larry Root

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asphunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2007 at 09:21
Looking at a Barrett 416, might put the S&B 4-16 on it.
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2007 at 15:31

Shooting a 14 pound full power 50BMG is going to break the shooter before it breaks the scopAbout 4 years ago I was a very small part of some testing to take weight off the 50 cal rifle.

The folks in charge of the event took considerable wieght off the assembled unit in an effort to make it more user friendly for use in the afgans.

1st shooter placed a 25 pound bag of bird shot between the buttstock and his shoulder, since he didn't know what to expect.  1st shot exploded the shot bag.  We took turns shooting the rifle for accuracy after that.  Boy am I dumb.....................................

You may likely be done in by detached retina or one of a couple nasty cerebral occurances before the scope fails.

FWIW the army uses whatever it can find depending on unit to put on the Barrett rifles.  I know at least 1 unit using Leupold 4.5-14x50's with no ill effect.

Ring View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2007 at 15:38
ive been shooting the 14#'der for a few years now.. i shoot it with a tshirt on now.. its has knocked the glass OUT of a BSA... as you can see in the video, its not that bad on the shooter.. ive shot 12guages that were 5x worse in the recoil..
bowmaf View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowmaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2007 at 19:14
I have a SS 20x on my armalite bmg and have had no problems, love it.  It does weigh over twice as much though.
robpiat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robpiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2007 at 09:12

Any updates on this? How's it working for you?

Ring View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2007 at 09:20
i have it, but in not realy shooting weather in ohio yet :(... soon as i can put a 100 or so threw it, ill post info... i got the 16x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic