OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

How to pay your bill if you’re angry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to pay your bill if you’re angry
    Posted: February/26/2007 at 15:18

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2007 at 15:20

now that's just great.

J

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2007 at 20:14
can you hear me now??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2007 at 20:25
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

can you hear me now??
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2007 at 19:20
first part doesn't make any sense but the amount is $23.64
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2007 at 10:36

no, really ---  whats  .0002 plus something  ???  the second part is exponential e to the positive imaginary i or just 1 times pi or 23.14 and the series summation when n=1 is 1/2 or 50 cents --  What would have been really funny if verizon had sent the check to clear through his bank for $23.64

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2007 at 11:57

it dosen't matter what it said it is "classic".

I usually send my phone bill to the gas company and my gas bill to the power company.This makes for good time.

oh wait did i say that out loud?

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2007 at 13:40
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

no, really ---  whats  .0002 plus something  ???  the second part is exponential e to the positive imaginary i or just 1 times pi or 23.14 and the series summation when n=1 is 1/2 or 50 cents --  What would have been really funny if verizon had sent the check to clear through his bank for $23.64

Unless I am very wrong here  e^(i*Pi)=cos(Pi) + i * sin (Pi) = -1, since cos(Pi)=-1 and sin(Pi)=0

The series I have not seen in quite a while, but if memory serves me right the sum of 1/(2^n) for n from 1 to infinity is actually 1 (or infinitely close to it), which kinda makes sense since each successive term in the series is twice smaller than the previous term.

Hence the actual value written on the check is 0.002 - 1 + 1 = 0.002 or 0.2 cent.

ILya
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2007 at 13:41
It depends where your at in the chain, as a busness owner making every effort to satisfy the customer, (and taking a lot of check, cards etc) whenever I get something like this --- I have several good "classics" myself for the check writers.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2007 at 14:10
I honestly have wrote out a check in about 10 yrs. plastic works fine and get visa points also.
ROCKMAN57 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROCKMAN57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2007 at 19:08

Power to the People hehehehe.

Did somebody miss the joke,who cares how much it is.(Wink)

Rock

Walk softly,keep the wind in your face and watch your back
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2007 at 20:45
Sorry but I don't see the humour-- the guy is barfing all over a piece of paper -- lower corner --what now bitches-- to a bunch of females working at 9-5 jobs like everyone else-- then sending the check to another "bitch" in A/R that has no idea what is going on but can't clear the check because some dumb f88k didn't enter a figure right -- has to send the check back because nothing was solved the whole thing starts all over-- the phone company wins because the guy is still late paying his bill or sends the check to collections. Because some "mystical" mathmetically formula was put in the pay line doesn't change the scenario.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2007 at 23:00
Apparently, that check refers to this conversation (long but worth it):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0HyxQv97Q

ILya
ROCKMAN57 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROCKMAN57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2007 at 07:30

Well Heck Dale,

I'd bet even tha "Bitchs" thought it was hilarious.No skin off their back.I'd bet that check made tha rounds.

Lighten up dude.

Rock

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2007 at 09:10

I sympathize with the intent of the letter, the same as everyone else. My point is simply that it a little more than flipping the bird. No one had to pay the price-- the company still won. It was a shell, and didn't have a life of its own.

Now that the statue of limitations is over -- an alleged college student got really pissed at a very big monoply ATT which refused to correct a billing error- the alleged college student with the help of other alleged fellow students in the computer department of a major leftcoast university constructed a revenge. In those days Globe ticket cards were the universal communication for computers and all companies would send one with the information and a standard invoice. Alleged students, who had access to key punch facilities, retyped the cards, causing malfunctions and register shifts, in the main frame computer, of ATT causing some people not to be billed, others to be billed for much larger amts.  The scheme spread to large gas companies, Conoco, 'Chevron. The problem stopped "Do Not Fold, Spindle, or Mutilate" type billing in that era. Now thats lasting.

A simpler scheme: after continued incorrect bank statements, alleged student withdrew amts except of $3.00, knowing that it costs the bank this amount just to send out the invoice. $3.00 for 12 months, for 20 years -- each month alleged student enjoys-- a life of its own.

In this day, with programmable bar code printers, indentity encrouchment, portable digital microwave scanners, the mind could wander in endless possibilites.

lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2007 at 11:01
Originally posted by ROCKMAN57 ROCKMAN57 wrote:

Well Heck Dale,

I'd bet even tha "Bitchs" thought it was hilarious.No skin off their back.I'd bet that check made tha rounds.

Lighten up dude.

Rock

I doubt it. I employ numerous receptionists at my facility and all of them take very personally the occasional insult that is thrown their direction when people aren't happy with the outcome and/or the cost of their medical care.  They know that they are not to blame and are powerless to change the reality of these peoples' situations but, they are still brought to tears over the vitriol that is cast in their direction.

Edited by lucznik
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
ROCKMAN57 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROCKMAN57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2007 at 11:57

Wow,

Yall sure like to use big words in here huh?

Just Plain Ole Rocky

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2007 at 12:06

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Apparently, that check refers to this conversation (long but worth it):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0HyxQv97Q

ILya

I am amazed out how patient he was during that whole conversation.  I wonder if they have had to refund a lot of money to a lot of people.  If the contract reads, "cents" then legally they are in trouble.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2007 at 12:27
The guy has the patience of an angel.  I would have gone ballistic.

It is doubly shocking though that people do not understand the difference between 0.002 of a dollar and 0.002 of a cent.

ILya 
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2007 at 15:12

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

The guy has the patience of an angel.  I would have gone ballistic.

It is doubly shocking though that people do not understand the difference between 0.002 of a dollar and 0.002 of a cent.

ILya 

So, does you know how Verizon resolved this issue?  (Or, did they resolve it?)

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic