OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best Scope for no more than $1000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amax155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Scope for no more than $1000
    Posted: February/23/2007 at 12:52
I am looking for the best scope I can get for under $1000. I am looking for the most in light gathering and clarityThe best Scope that I have seen lately has been the Meopta Meostar 4x16 but haven't been able to check out the Kahles Cl orA Zeiss other than a conquest.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2007 at 13:02
Kahles CL or KX depending on the features you prefer will be your best bang for the buck on your budget.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2007 at 13:59

IOR has some nice clear scopes under 1000, does that price include the base and rings?

Duce

Duce
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2007 at 14:01

Originally posted by amax155 amax155 wrote:

I am looking for the best scope I can get for under $1000. I am looking for the most in light gathering and clarityThe best Scope that I have seen lately has been the Meopta Meostar 4x16 but haven't been able to check out the Kahles Cl orA Zeiss other than a conquest.

What rifle is this scope intended for, amax?  You will get more specific advice if that is known.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
amax155 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amax155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2007 at 16:35

It is going on a Winchester M70 classic Stainless in 30-06. I hunt  dark swamps, 600 yard cutovers and the Rocky Mountains. I have never shot a deer past 90 yards but I practice from real world positions out to 300 yards. I have a Shepherd on it right now and want to upgrade and get away from such a busy reticle. The Kahles CL looks good,but what is the difference between it and the KX besides tube diameter and the price.

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2007 at 16:41

Both CL and KX have one inch tubes,KX does not have a side focus but does have a couple more reticle options.

Same glass on both.

canine View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2007 at 08:08

AMAX 155,

I just went through the same thing, with the only difference being I wanted the capability to shoot some real extended range target stuff and target turrets.  Check my last post, "The million dollar question"!!   I went with the IOR,  No way to beat that price for what you get.  I can not comment on the scope personally as I do not have it in hand yet.  However, I did speak to Val from IOR Valdada and he gave me a whole lot of good info that concluded my decision and the sale.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic