OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Gang of Five-members only

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gang of Five-members only
    Posted: February/20/2007 at 21:33
Gentlemen, I have been here for the duration and my unselfish contributions to Optics Talk have apparently gone unnoticed. It appears that there are a group of members here who refer to themselves as the Gang of Five under the cover of darkness. OK, I have wiped the tears away, and I am requesting that I be considered should one of the members suffer an untimely death. I promise never to post opinions without the endorsement of at least 3 federal governmental agencies, a priest, Rabi or multi-denominational figure head as witness to my observations and personal experience with binoculars and riflescopes. Lord, hear my prayers.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 21:42

What do you mean Roy, you are the American Sportsman. You have posted more fish than anybody

Nice guns, too.

Oh yeah, dead deer. Chris has you on the hunting pics, though.

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 01:10

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5915&PN=1& amp;TPN=1

As the official spokesman and chief expert I feel it is just to much work for me. I feel like I have been spead thin

and my true potential has not been demonstrated yet, therefore I must surrender one of my titles. Roy if you

accept I would like to apoint you chief expert. Tahqua if you would like to join us I have a very hard test for you

to prove your allegiance as the seventh, it demands for you to state your position on 3 subjects.

1.Barnes Bullets

2.leupold riflescopes

3.ATV's

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 05:22

The Gang of 5 is sooooo covert, that even the very members.....uh...aren't sure if they are actually in The Gang of 5 or not yet.

So in short Roy, you may already be a member and just not know it.

Stand by for further updates as they develop.

I think I'm a member, but I have always liked Barnes bullets....  So my membership may be in jeopardy.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 07:45
count me out then i hate all 3
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 07:47
plus i already have to provide a driver's license birth certificate blood sample urine sample stool sample and a semen sample just to be able to by real sudafed at any drug store in the state of minnesota, damn tweekers and there meth.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 09:01

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

... blood sample urine sample stool sample and a semen sample...

So, in short, would it suffice if I just submitted a pair of my underwear?... 

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 09:29
Hmm-- a package deal
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 14:17
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

So, in short, would it suffice if I just submitted a pair of my underwear?... 

Roy, I'm pretty sure that you are one of Rootmanslim's "Gang of 5" but only he knows for sure.

lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 16:06

So, is it like a hit list then? Are their lives in eminent danger?

Man that just sucks.   I never get placed on anyone's hit list.

Edited by lucznik
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 18:17
Assuming that I am a part of the Gang of Five (and since we, apparently, refer to ourselves under the cover of darkness, the dark lord of optics just has to be included), I hereby solemnly declare that all parcels, envelopes, cardboard boxes, cardboard tubes and other types of packages directed to the Gang of Five and that look like they might, even remotely, be capable of containing rifledude's (or anyone's, for that matter) underwear or the urine, stool, blood, etc samples will be:

A) returned to sender with a lengthy letter written exclusively in Cyrillic letters (the translation I'll leave up to you; the only hint I can give you is that none of those words would make into printed media)

B) forwarded to SWFA for storage somewhere in Texas desert (or their optics museum; that's up to Chris).

So far I do not know for sure who is a part of the Gang of Five.  I am pretty confident that Cheaptrick , Roy, Trinidad and myself are, but I am not sure who the fifth member is.   There are quite a few candidates, though.

ILya
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 19:15

What the hell happened?

I leave for like 4 days and you guys are preparing to fight a civil war. I thought all this crap was gone, when I left everything was in order, even slim wasn't too bad. What are we ar15.com now? I can tell you that Cheaptrick, koshkin, and myselft saw it coming and somehow it happened anyway...

leupold is practically charging you to look at there scopes

Barnes bullets have about 20grains of deviation and shoot like crap

ATV's are sick, and everyone should own one.

I'm the only one that knows anything around here. Don't ask me any questions though because i don't know anything
ROCKMAN57 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROCKMAN57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2007 at 20:07

OOPS SRY,

WRONG ROOM.

SLAM.

WINK,Wink

ROCK

Walk softly,keep the wind in your face and watch your back
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2007 at 08:15

HMMMM

Leupold one of my favorites even though they are overpriced and could use better glass.

Barnes bullets Well the 285 and the 250 for the 50 cal Musket just ROCK other than that I have some funny blue .375 H&H bullets that are a novelty but leave blue dust everywhere when loading the rest I don't use. I go to Sierra for.30 cal 190, 175 and 168 SMK bulletsl and Horniday for the molly 168 AMAX (awesome) and Horniday 300 hpt in .458 for 45-70 for handgun calibers I'll use anything I can find.

ATV's I have a Kawasaki Prairie 650 but hindsight being 20-20 I should have kept the Ford 5610 tractor and sold the ATV rather than keeping the ATV like I did, but it is helpful for hauling the deer back out of the woods at my farm. I really do miss that tractor when it comes time to plant food plots and I have to go beg at the neighbors to get a couple of spots disked up. I should get one of those seeders for the back of the ATV and finish fixing up my JD pull behind sprayer. I could also use a snow plow for the front of my ATV. They do have some redeaming qualities if the user is a responsible adult.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
longbow308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longbow308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2007 at 18:41
i wouldn't be caught with eather one.

heres to the 5
longbow308
Aim small Miss small
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic