OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pictures from a tree stand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures from a tree stand
    Posted: February/20/2007 at 15:38

I don't know who took these, I just recieved them in an e-mail.

I wonder how long he stayed up in the stand.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 15:42
Nature can be pretty harsh but great pictures all the same.  Must have been some exciting up that tree
God save the Empire!
fwinn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 16:01
survival of the fittest can be brutal.  i can't believe whoever was in the stand never got scented,  coyotes are very wary.  awesome pics
don't try to change me, just accept me for who i am
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 18:55

Originally posted by fwinn fwinn wrote:

survival of the fittest can be brutal.  i can't believe whoever was in the stand never got scented,  coyotes are very wary.  awesome pics

That's a pack of wolves and supper... any other scent is desert.  I would not want to come down until everybody was full.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 21:03

Originally posted by fwinn fwinn wrote:

dude those are timber wolves not coyotes big difference!! glad the feds de-listed the bastards gonna kill me one when its legal, they ravage the winter feed grounds where wintering elk stay and some times yeah they kill the sick ones and eat the meat but a lot of times they just kill for the thrill, a few winters ago the game and fish found over 300 dead elk on the winter feed ground that were wolf kills and over 75% had not been ate by the wolf.

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 07:39

We have timber wolves at our camp as well - kind of a love-hate relationship going on.  A beautiful alpha predator but play havoc in the deer wintering yards but must admit have not seen deer killed that weren't eaten up here.  Never see them when hunting no matter how quiet we think we are, their senses are just too keen.  Local trapper sets snares for them and I have seen some REALLY big hides.

Eeriest sound in the world when sitting in a duck blind way back in a swamp at dark & hearing them howl - makes your skin prickle.  Good thing they are pretty shy!

God save the Empire!
wyflyguy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyflyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 09:34

Just FYI, here is the link where those pictures came from along with commentary from the photographer.  He was not in a tree stand, but rather flying (presumably in a helicopter).  The story that goes along with the pics is pretty interesting.

http://www.isleroyalewolf.org/photo_ess/pe_EP_kills_moose.ht m

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic