OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Benelli R1 Rifles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Narrow Gap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benelli R1 Rifles
    Posted: February/19/2007 at 18:23
Any one own one of these rifles or shot one? If so are they accurate and reliable?
noddah View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 22:24
Many of the tests done on the R1 show it to be an approx. 1.25 to 1.75 MOA rifle. It also seems to stack up to be a very reliable semi auto; the ergonomics feel good but IMO the mag is akward.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 23:05
Negatory, stick with a bolt action.
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 23:17

I have testfired 3 different rifles for a magazine.

Two was in 9,3x62 and one was in .30-06.

Generally the gun if absolutely capable of hitting a big apple on hundred yards.

But not much more, the accuracy of those guns are NOT what you pay for.

The gun is very well made and the surfaces inside shows a quality rarely seen on productionguns, bright very shiny surfaces. The triggerpull is in a class by it self and it's basicly the construction from luger/P210/pardini PC9.

Reliablility on the 9,3 guns was poor, and generally I was extremely dissapointed.

Regards Technika

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 07:01
this is a good one for rootmanslim, he loves the r1 and im sure he wouldnt be shy to tell you so.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 07:17
I am surprised as I have an SBE as do several of my hunting buddies. I can understand accuracy not up to bolt action standards, but reliability is another issue. I have never had a problem nor any of my friends with their shotguns. I would hope that this issue was just an anomaly regarding the 9.3 which is not very popular over here, though an excellent caliber. I can't see Benelli bringing an unreliable gun on to the market whether rifle or shotgun. Reliability is one of this companies hallmarks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic