OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon tactical vs. Monarch X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon tactical vs. Monarch X
    Posted: February/19/2007 at 12:13

Hello all.  

I did a quick search but couldn't seem to find the answer.  Can anyone tell me what the difference if any between the new Monarch X badged Nikon as compared to the Tactical badged model?   Just a name change or different specs? 

Thanks

Kevin  

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 05:41
Originally posted by Kray Kray wrote:

Hello all.  

I did a quick search but couldn't seem to find the answer.  Can anyone tell me what the difference if any between the new Monarch X badged Nikon as compared to the Tactical badged model?   Just a name change or different specs? 

Thanks

Kevin  

Kray, that's a good question(s).

From what I can gather, the "X" is a more PC term than "tactical", thus some Brainiac from Nikon wanted to please the gun grabbers.

Same scope as before, I assume.

The one area that the X "may" be differant or better from the old Tactical is all the new Monarchs are offering 4" FIXED eye relief, versus 3.39" on the old Tactical.  

Not much, but that's all I got on the X.   

Kray View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2007 at 13:33

Hey Cheaptrick

Thanks for the reply.  I ask because i sent a tactical back to Nikon some time ago for some work and they said they would have to replace.  I called to check on status and they said they were still waiting on a shipment.  Since this will be a new shipment I was guessing that it might be the X version.

Thanks

Kevin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic