OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

carry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4T570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 10:22
Too lazy, I guess....like to shoot alot more than I like to load.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 10:25
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

Rifledude --got a favorite "confidence" load?  What holster you like

tahqua- was the shroud installed at the factory? I can image the recoil without the grips.

45t-- a 45-70 shooter that doesn't cast? ---   that's uncanny.

Yep, that's a factory shroud. BTW, I like your daily theme and it looks like the camera is coming out today.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the week here.

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 10:35

Chris-- whats your confidence load in the 21 and 37-- next time I'm in need I'll call seecamp and have him stand in for me.

45t have you used your 44 for hunting?

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 10:48

Glock 21 .45 ACP

1st round out of the magazine is a Cor-Bon Glaser Safety Slug, the following 12 are Federal Hydra-Shok.

Glock 36 .45 GAP

Just Federal Hydra-Shok.

4T570 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4T570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 10:53
Have several 29's....used them all for hunting deer/hogs in Texas.  Have a 629 Classic w/6.5" barrel w/2X Leupold that I use the most for hunting.....keep most shots under 60 yds.  My carry 29 is an old model 4" barrel w/factory action job.....it outshoots my 629 VComp from the S & W Performance Center.
thinkingman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinkingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 13:11

Current concealed carry is Kahr PM9 in a basic Uncle Mikes.

Open carry is SW686 with first round bird shot during grouse season, followed by 5 180gr hardcast.

Thinking of trading the Kahr for an airweight bobtail.

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 18:06

Tuesday-1911A1, Sparks SS and 230 gr Federal HS

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 18:12
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Tuesday-1911A1, Sparks SS and 230 gr Federal HS

Nice piece!! 

How do you like the Sparks holster?

They are mentioned in VERY high regard on gun forums.

Edited by cheaptrick
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 18:29
It is very well made and stable as a rock. It is not as attractive as my Alessi's but for an IWB it doesn't mean a whole lot. Tony Kanaley at Milt Sparks made me an SS for a P-38 years ago when nobody else would or could. I will get more of his leather in the future. I have been aquiring Lou Alessi's holsters lately and recommend them, also.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 21:24

Chris- have to take that back about getting you a serious caliber. How are you liking the GAP so far?

Wed.  Glock 38 GAP WW silver tips- homemade holster-- love the mod. 38 one round shorter than combat commander holds 10 rounds same barrel length-- same width, uses same reloading dies - small pistol primers,

I also removed the front trigger guard finger hook. (should have taken the pict. at a different angle). 3000 rds so far with no complaints. El Pres. times just a bit longer from concealed than commander types.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 09:34

Rifledude-- what are you carrying your Kimber in.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 09:47

I use the standard Galco concealable belt holster.  To answer your question about loads in an earlier post, I haven't settled on a confidence load yet.  I do 100X more rifle shooting than pistol shooting, so I haven't done a lot of experimentation.  I had a bunch of Federal 230gr. Hydra-Shocks sitting around that I've had for years and they shoot pretty well in the gun, but I understand there are perhaps better choices now.  Any suggestions?

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 19:35

I'm ok with 200 gr SWC cast-- but heres a good way to tell-- As expected lighter guns are harder to hold, when double tapping-- to lighter bullets-- the trick is to keep the power factor around 180. The "split" or time it takes to get the shot off should be around .2 of a second and no more than 1 inch apart. If greater the shooter is fighting the gun for control.

Thurs.  38 SW Airweight ,  ankle holster, hogue grips, and 66 gr hollow core, not hollow pt, solid copper at 1400 fps from a 2 " barrel. This type of load allows for quick doubles and fast backup shots.

Look at the new Powerball -- good stuff.

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2007 at 16:54

Forgot Wednesday-1980 German PPK/S, .380 Cor-Bon and Alessi Talon +

Edited by tahqua
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2007 at 19:19

Ever slice the web of your hand with the 380?

Fri--  Glock 20 10 mm   200 gr.truncated cone hard cast  Safariland

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2007 at 20:49
Never in over 25 years of shooting it. I have friends and family that have been bitten by theirs and it hurts. They get it across the base of the thumb.
G20 is about my favorite carry gun. I like KISS when in comes to something like a pistol.

Edited by tahqua
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2007 at 21:49

Thursday-1978 BHP with the Bianchi cross draw I bought new with it, 147gr Fed and an M28 Smith, Rafter strong side and 170 Sierra HP or 180gr Sierra FP

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2007 at 13:03
Carry? Here in Cali?  Nah, here in the golden state we only allow criminals to walk around armed.

On rare occasions when I can carry (like at a campground), I typically have a Sig P220 in a simple Fobus paddle holster.

I am considering getting a Kahr P9 though.  That's about the biggest gun I can comfortably put into my pocket.

ILya
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2007 at 20:50

Is that a jeweled trigger on the 28? Nickel plated?

Sat-- bullseye and old shotgun cases at 25 yds offhand will be carry gun all day, also need a scope for the forum

SW 41 2X leo

Edited by Dale Clifford
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2007 at 05:50

Nickel with jeweled trigger and hammer. I traded a Suzuki 185 dirt bike for it in1979. It has been slicked up and shoots like charm. I've shot tons of .38 through it. It was my PPC gun for a few years. Back then they didn't like my BHP on the line. Flying brass could kill someone. Now I only load the heavy hitters for it.

That's a nice set up on that 41. What is your ammo of choice and is yours particular about what you feed it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic