OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

carry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carry
    Posted: February/18/2007 at 20:23
What is everyone carrying these days? Show pics.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2007 at 22:55

Monday--Series 70 Barsto- 180 gr Sierra Clark beaver, Swenson Amib, orginal sites for pocket carry also Safariland IWB paddle.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 10:36

Comon guys just cause youl can't scope em  -----   Silver drag out some of your roscoes.

Edited by Dale Clifford
4T570 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4T570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 10:50
Glock 19 in El Paso Saddlery Street Combat holster.  Easier to conceal than my Smith Model 29.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 11:49

Do you carry your 29 regular?  Hunting, camping? In your nine, mm what type bullets?

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 14:00

The majority of the time I carry my Seecamp because of its size and ease of concealment.  My Seecamp is a hand made masterpiece in my opinion.  All of the corners and edges are rounded and smoothed, it is polished stainless steel, double action only with a very stiff trigger pull (there is no way the trigger will accidentally get pulled), has a round in the chamber indicator and does not function with the magazine removed, making it very safe to carry.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 15:58
That comes with bullets?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 16:34

G-20, Alessi CQC-S, 175gr Sivertip and 200gr XTP. The G-19, 147 gr Fed, Alessi PCH.

For quick runs this one gets the nod- Colt Agent, Alessi Talon Plus, Eagle Secret Service grips and 158gr +p

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 17:13

Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

That comes with bullets?

No, it was designed to shoot Winchester Silver Tips.  Some other brands of ammo won't work the action or won't fit in the magazine.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 17:56
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 18:13

Chris - a masterpiece nodoubt - but man we got to get you into a serious caliber.

Cheaptrick -- ok its a glock-  care to elaborate--  which one?

tahqua-- is that a lightweight det. or the all steel model --if lightweight how does it handle with the +p loads. beautiful

tone on the holsters is that horsehide?

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 18:21
The Alessi is cowhide, thanks for the compliment. Lou does excellent work and is worth the wait.
The Agent is aluminum framed. I have always shot standard pressure lead for practice and carry the +P's. I haven't noticed any timing problems or frame stretch and I've shot a lot of +P's through it. That is a factory shroud, too.
4T570 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4T570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 18:40

Dale....carry the 29 hunting, fishing, camping, riding around my ranch, etc...always have it near.  Usually keep it loaded with some "medium loads" with 240gr hard cast bullets.

Work in an office, thus the Glock 19...my dress-up gun.  For city carry, usually load it with Glaser Safety Slugs or Extreme Shock loads...low penetration frangible loads for crowded places....keep spare mags loaded with Rem Golden Sabers.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 18:51
G-17 Gen II, Hogue grip, Meprolite sights, and Comp-Tac paddle holster.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 21:51

4t570 --do you do your own casting? Wheelweights? special formula??

Tuesday--Kimber pro carry stainless   Glassers safety

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 08:21

Kimber Pro Elite .45 ACP with tritium sights & cocobolo grips

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
4T570 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4T570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 08:30
Nope, don't cast my own. 
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 09:24

Chris - a masterpiece nodoubt - but man we got to get you into a serious caliber.

Cheaptrick -- ok its a glock-  care to elaborate--  which one?

tahqua-- is that a lightweight det. or the all steel model --if lightweight how does it handle with the +p loads. beautiful

tone on the holsters is that horsehide?

Forgot to answer the question on recoil. The Eagle SS fills the area behind the trigger and it handles okay. Recoil is along the lines of a 4" .357 with heavy loads. The original grips were knuckle busters with +P's.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 10:19

Rifledude --got a favorite "confidence" load?  What holster you like

tahqua- was the shroud installed at the factory? I can image the recoil without the grips.

45t-- a 45-70 shooter that doesn't cast? ---   that's uncanny.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2007 at 10:21

I hear ya.  Here is what L.W. Seecamp says about the .32,

"We’ve recommended Silvertips since we first introduced the LWS.32 back in 1985. At the time there was simply no market for the few oversized .32 caliber pistols still being made. As a result ammo choices were very limited. What once was an acceptable police and military cartridge was well on the road to becoming a novelty round in the USA used only by gun collectors shooting surplus ammunition on a Sunday afternoon. Pistols in .32ACP were becoming obsolete weapons because of their disproportionate size to caliber ratio and the increase in the number of criminals shooting back who were punching bigger holes.

.32ACP pistols were once used extensively by police and military in countries like Spain, Belgium, France, Finland, Germany and the USA. In WWII, American general grade officers were issued .32ACP Colt M1903 pistols for carry while a variety of pistols in .32ACP were standard fare among German soldiers. When Hitler committed suicide, it was a 7.65mm (.32ACP) PPK he chose. This now often frowned upon caliber had enough prestige to make it the preference of Ian Fleming’s James Bond, who like Hitler also favored the .32ACP PPK. As to stopping power, statistics show shot placement trumps caliber every time. It’s more conducive to good health to be shot in the foot with a .44 Magnum than in a vital zone with a .22 or .25."

I'm all about big holes and lots of them and when clothing permits, I will carry my Glock 21 or Glock 37.  My little Seecamp fits in my pocket and I figure a little gun is better than no gun.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic