OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Final Decision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoot4fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final Decision
    Posted: February/17/2007 at 14:39
 I have narrowed my decision to the meopta or kahles kx. My choice for the kahles would be the 3.5-10x50 or the 4-12x50. My choice for the meopta would be the 3-12x56. I was wondering which would be better in low light situations with the difference in tube size and objective size. I will use this scope for low light deer hunting situations. I think they are compatible in price so that is not a concern. I want to make my choice by performance of the scope in low light. All help is appreciated.
ronnie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2007 at 15:09

between this two i would go with the kx.meopta just little on heavy side for me. just my opinion.right now thou im in a similar situation because i want a great low light scope for deer hunting also.i have not seen kx model around here yet but have looked thru khales cl many times and it seems to very bright and clear and comes highly recommended here on ot and kx is supposingly the same scope without parrallax feature  , looks different thou from pictures on here.right now i interested at looking at ior 4x14x50. $679 at swta  looks great but really would like to look thru one.been doing some research on ior scopes and there supose to be on par with higher priced scopes.great glass and coatings and good in low light.very rugged loking scope.the way i look at it at these prices all these better be great scopes.on my now to hunting store to look at some more scopes.i will check back later.

Swarovski Fan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swarovski Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2007 at 18:03
I have found the 56mm objective a bit awkward I would stay with a 50mm or smaller.Another option if you want to stay with a 56mm and their ultimate low light performance you could buy a Hungarian Schmidt Bender 8x56 fixed power.A fixed power will always be brighter due to less lens surface.I have one 4x32 and it has awesome glass and build quality.
When I die bury me with my Swarovski ELs.
ronnie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2007 at 02:25

shoot4fun went back and reviewed meopta and i made a mistake.i dont think it is to heavy considering 56mm scope.i think this may be the very best chioce of the two for lowlight situations.the place i went today to look at scopes had some meoptas but had sold them. the guy said they looked like good quality scope.this guy also said khales wasnt even in the same class as swarovski which i think is very untrue.its just all in who you talk to.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic