OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Euro-Diamond Quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikka7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Euro-Diamond Quality
    Posted: February/16/2007 at 09:06
I really like the looks of the 3-12x50 Euro-Diamond. I want a #4 reticle, but the only #4 available in the 07 catalog is the illuminated #4. I guess I could get the 3-12x56, its available with the standard #4. My question is, how good is this scope? I am limited to about $500 - $600. How is the optical quality of the glass and coatings? I will be using it for deer hunting and want low light performance. Anybody have any input on the illuminated #4?
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 09:13

The ED does not seem to be at the level ov the BD or SS from Burris. I would pass on the ED and go with this 4200.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-7279-185-bushnell-25-10x50-elite-4200 -30mm-rifle-scope.aspx

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 09:17

that's a good choice SVD, or try one of the monarch UCC's on closeout at www.swfa.com .

they would be a great choice for deer hunting in the lowlight.

if you can stretch to around 650 or so, the meostar 3-12x56 will blow you away.

good luck and let us know what you decide.

J

www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 09:26
Last I tried the eurodiamond it did feel like looking through an aquarium.
The picture is not very impressive at all.
There was a also a considerable paralaxproblem.

I would not buy the eurodiamond..........

Regards Technika
Brock_Brett View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock_Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 09:44

Sig Select are nice in the Burris line but the Meostar as jonbravado has said is remarkable at the price.

Rob

Tikka7 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikka7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 09:53

Do you think the 3" eye relief on the Meopta is enough for a 7mm mag in a Tikka T3 Lite? What kind of warranty does the Meopta have? Is it serviced in the US or overseas?

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 10:02
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 13:54

I have a SuB 3-12x42 on a .358 Norma Mag, and that is not a heavy gun.

Over the years this gun have also had Kahles 4x32, Kahles CXS 1,5-6, Trijicon 1,25-4 and a few others.

If the stock is rigth and you are used to the gun it shouldent be any problems at all.

And the 7mm have considerably less recoil than .358.

Regards Technika

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 13:54

damn. a 7mag. and a light gun too. that kicks like a mule.

can you send the gun back?  that's like a cannon shooting a bb!!!! hehehe. joking.

i had one and shot it 12 times and got rid of it. too much for a day of shooting. then i bought a 7mm08. better ballistics. no kick.

you may want to go the way of monarch UCC. a lil more forgiving in the eye relief dept.

good luck.

J

Tikka7 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikka7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 14:42
I had a remington 700 7 mag. w/factory muzzle brake and detachable magazine. It shot like a dream, no recoil, but loud as hell. Sold it to my son-in-law. My wife shot her 1st deer with it this season (a nice 8-point w/18 in. spread).I got tired of the noise, so she bought me the Tikka camo stainless T3 in 7 mag for christmas. Amazing accuracy, shoots .6 in. 5-shot groups w/factory ammo. Recoil is really not too bad, I swapped out the recoil pad to a limbsaver and that helped.What do you guys think about the Monarch Gold scopes? I see they have 4" constant eye relief.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 14:50

the monarch gold are very nice.  30mm tube. very bright and rugged.

get it with a #4 reticle. i love the #4 for deer. easy on the eyes in lowlight.

good luck.  the 7mag i had was a savage synethetic - very light w/ a tiny scope -

kicked like a mule, and the sound was the worst part. ugh.

good call on the limbsaver. you can't beat a T3.

J

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 14:55
I would pass on the Monarch Gold to my eyes the 4200 I presented has the better glass out of the two a IR and at a much better price. Monarch gold is overpriced IMO, at this price might as well go with Kahles a IOR or Meopta.

Edited by SVD666
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic