OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pics of NEW ZEISS LOTUTEC Diavari

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics of NEW ZEISS LOTUTEC Diavari
    Posted: February/14/2007 at 20:27

Could be one of the best all-around hunting scopes ever made!

CANT WAIT TO UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!

Edited by SAKO75
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 20:34

You'll be pleased Sako.

I have the exact same scope except mine doesn't have the LOTUTEC coating.

Enjoy & keep me informed on how it performs!!!!!!!!

Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 20:41

Man I got to get me one of those.

Zeiss makes the best optics IMO.

What rifle do you plan on topping with that?

I'm the only one that knows anything around here. Don't ask me any questions though because i don't know anything
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 21:09
SAKO 75 Grey Wolf (grey laminate + stainless) in 308win

Edited by SAKO75
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 21:09
The Lotutec sticker on the objective bell has to go though, I cant leave it there
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 22:43

cool stick too, I wish I had money....

post pics of the rifle with the scope when you get it mounted, [if you can]

I'm the only one that knows anything around here. Don't ask me any questions though because i don't know anything
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 09:13

ok, i am officially very jealous -

looking forward to rave reviews on both sako. i'll live vicariously through you.

J

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 09:34
That will make one heckuva nice rig, Sako!  Both rifle and scope are as good as it gets for a hunting rig!  I know you will enjoy it!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 13:06
Very nice Sako 75.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 17:22

Originally posted by SAKO75 SAKO75 wrote:

SAKO 75 Grey Wolf (grey laminate + stainless) in 308win

That is what is called a nice rifle.  Let us see it with the scope mounted.

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 18:32
Beautiful rifle!!!  The Zeiss will look great atop her!
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 19:28
THESE WERE TAKen WITH MY CELL PHONE SO QUALITY ISNT GREAT

Edited by SAKO75
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 19:38

Very nice.

SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 07:22
EDITED

Edited by SAKO75
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 07:42

what is the action number on the sako? are you happy w/ it? factory trigger?

beautiful setup. i'll give you 500 cash for it .

J

Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 14:03
Beautifull setup Sako, have you managed to put a few rounds down range yet?
oldguns View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2007 at 10:06
Sako75..good luck with that new scope...please keep us informed...the honeymoon/fondlefactor with the new scope should be lessening by now...how do you rate the scope now?  What reticle did you choose?  Are you happy with it?  Would this scope fit on a long action? or would it need extension rings? The reason for sooo many questions is I'm ready to pull the trigger on the same exact scope with a #4 reticle...Thanks in advance

Edited by oldguns
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2007 at 11:32

The scope is really nice. clear, bright not really any edge distortion. the only thing i have noticed, and i have noticed this in conquests also, is some chromatic aberration but this is likely not applicable to hunting. I have seen some purple fringing when viewing tires (black) sitting on white concrete. How that will effect spotting a deer through leaves or the sunlight @ dusk/dawn is not something I am worried about. RIflescopes and binoculars are different in that way. Chromatic aberrations in a scope arent that bothersome to me, I am not "birding" with it.

SO the FOV is wide, the scope is light, unbelievably so for a 30mm tube with a 50mm objective. Lightest on the market. Eye relief is very close to being constant @ 3.54". Its actually more than that at the lower powers. This is so different than what i am used to as the schmidt and bender are so much bigger and heavier.

I recommend this scope. let me know if you have any more questions. lastly, i like the #8 reticle, i thought i wanted the #4 but now I am glad i got the #8

I compared the vx-3 I have to this at night and thier wasnt a huge difference in brightness but there was a difference. one area the zeiss shined was it had less flare or haze when viewing items around a street light at night. I find that applicable to hunting during dusk and dawn and the buck comes out in the direction of the sun as it rises or sets. You would hate to look through and see a cloudy image at that time

Edited by SAKO75
oldguns View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2007 at 15:02

SAKO75..thanks for reply...and am glad your happy with scope.  do you see any problem mounting this scope on a long action??..I am also considering a Swarovski Z6 2-12X50 ...tough choice!!!...lots of $$$$...thanks again

Edited by oldguns
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2007 at 16:00
one more thing, the reticle being FFP, was noticeably easier to see in low light than the leupy duplex. Also it wasnt overly heavy to where I couldnt really dial it in on a small object, I can see 300 yards out my front door

The Z6 comes with a 10 year warranty (zeiss is lifetime transferable) and doesnt have a comparable for lotutec plus iot costs 300-400$ more than a 2.5-10x50 diavari with lotutec. plus it has a rear focal plane reticle. on a long i dont thing it would be a problem depending on where you would rest head in the shooting position. it has the same mounting space as a vx-3 3.5-10x40 or close to it.

you could buy a PH and get a lifetime warranty as well as an AV but not a Z6????

Zeiss is lighter than the 2-12 Z6 also.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic