OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper - What a Monster!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper - What a Monster!
    Posted: February/12/2007 at 20:07

My SS10x42 came in today and my first impression is that its a monster of a scope.  My 1" scopes look and feel like toys compared to it.  I like it!

Im using QDW rings with it and its going go hunting with me next fall. Its going to share a rifle with a Weaver V3 that I've ordered. 

But...I dont know what he rifle is going to be!  

I like the 308 cal.  I havent decided if its going to be a bolt, semi or a maybe even a single shot. 

I have to find out what semis are legal in California today.

Smitty,

smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 02:46

It would fit nicely on this rifle...

http://www.snipercentral.com/scm40.htm

Black Squirrel View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Squirrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 08:07
Smitty, don't forget to tell us about that V3 either....quite a few inquiring minds what to know!

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 08:21

smitt, i really like that sc-m40 - where can you get one and how much are they?

J

smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 20:15

I havent priced the scm40 but remington has a similar rifle right now and I remember seeing it advertised for close to $1,500.  I'll buy a cheap m700 and make my own before I dish out that much for a that rifle from remington.  From the start I know I'll have to replace the faulty trigger.

If Im not mistake, the scm40 is different as it has the aluminum bedding block.

Another rifle that looks promising is the thompson/center icon.  it comes in 308 and has an aluminum bedding block with a very nice walnut stock.  I prefer walnut over just about any other stock material.  maybe im old fashion but it just feels the best to me.

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/icon.php

Smitty

Edited by smitty
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 03:02

Im refering to the remington trigger/safety as being unsafe.  I had an m700 about 12 years ago that went off from sliding the safety...sold it and never looked back.  Wont by another m700 without including a new Timney trigger to replace the stock trigger.

I have a timney trigger on 03A3 and right now its the best trigger I have on any rifle. I love it!

What's this about S&W buyout? 

Smitty

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 07:20

that's a sweet looking rifle - price? when's it come out?

i too am a fan of classic walnut stocks.  but my years of abuse have led me to the world of synthetics ;)

J

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 07:23

also, if you are a fan of a clean break adjustible trigger, try the tikka T3's, or the Sako M995 (trg-s rifles) actions.

unbelievably smooth, clean, and a WONDERFUL trigger.

J

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic