OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Glass addiction........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glass addiction........
    Posted: February/12/2007 at 13:30

Curious, are any of you so addicted to glass that you bring some to work with you to observe during your breaks and lunch on your spare time. Am I the only..........sick?

Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 15:02

I am retired but I do find myself looking out my office window comparing scopes and on and on. The newer ones do much better in low light rain and so on.

Duce 

Duce
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 15:12
I am not nearly that bad. Is this caused by the S&B virus?
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 15:27

Could be the Nikon virus

Duce

Duce
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 15:40

I take scopes with me to work.

I work outside and sometimes in low light situations as well.

I sit in my truck with only a scope in rings and "mill" our concrete finishers covertly........

4T570 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4T570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 15:50

I thought I was the only one who sat is my office "glassing" the parking area.  Thanks for making me feel normal.

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 16:20

Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

I am not nearly that bad. Is this caused by the S&B virus?

This quite possibly be one of the early symptoms.

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 16:20
[QUOTE=cheaptrick

I sit in my truck with only a scope in rings and "mill" our concrete finishers covertly........

Edited by SVD666
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 16:21

Does it count if your "office" had four wheels and a lightbar????

Edited by Roy Finn
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 16:23
Originally posted by 4T570 4T570 wrote:

I thought I was the only one who sat is my office "glassing" the parking area.  Thanks for making me feel normal.

Thank all of you for starting to make me feel normal.

Edited by SVD666
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 16:46
I set up resolution charts and compare scope sand binoculars in the parking lot behind my work every once in a while.  It is on the top of the hill, so I also have an opportunity to observe distant objects.

ILya
1stscope View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stscope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 22:13
Telescopes, binoculars, spotting scope, camera lenses, loupes, homemade telescope finders ...... naw, I don't have a 'glass problem'.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 08:50

How many of you out there have "extra" scopes just in case one fails or whatever besides me? I try to convince my wife they are "loaner" scopes.

Duce 

Duce
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 09:36
My ratio of scopes to scopable rifles used to be roughly 3:1.  Then I sold most of the scopes I did not use to finance some new toys. However, I still have six or seven different umounted scopes lying around that I am keeping primarily to use in a few comparisons, after which I will sell them.

All in all, I am trying to cull my scope collection to the point where I have exactly  one unmounted scope.

ILya
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 09:45
You guys are nuts!!!   A gun with scope is certainly more useful, but a scope without a gun is just an expensive tube, and a gun without a scope probably has really good iron sites.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 10:01
I do not know if you are strictly speaking correct, Dale.

Some scopes I've had lying around make for supreme war clubs.  I could probably bludgeon a deer to death with it.

Smaller ones make good projectiles if your aim is good.

ILya
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 18:02

But Dale if you have an extra scope you have a reason to buy another gun, and it won`t be all that expensive because you already have a scope for it. The idea is alway keep an uneven number so you can keep buying the good stuff..like more scopes and guns

Duce 

Duce
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 20:07
Mmmm. I like that idea.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2007 at 03:24

.......more toys.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic