OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper warranty?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper warranty?
    Posted: February/10/2007 at 04:14

Whats the warranty that comes with the Super Sniper?  I dont see anything on their website about warranty.

Smitty

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2007 at 12:07
Lifetime
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2007 at 22:43

Thank you.  I was wondering because I found more reviews on a 50 cal forum and several guys had their super sniper scopes shatter their glass and said they wouldnt buy another but didnt mention getting it repaired or replaced. 

Im looking forward to tuesday for when the brown truck delivers mine. 

Its good to know its has lifetime warranty. Is it a no questions asked warranty or do I have to show proof of purchase? 

Thanks,

Smitty

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2007 at 12:06

Lifetime to original owner and against mfg. defects is how it is written.

macky View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2007 at 17:38

Chris,

If someone did have a Super Sniper on a 50 Caliber and the glass shattered while shooting it, would that be considered a "manufacturing defect"?

Thanks ...

Edited by macky
The World is a Toy Store ...
And I aims to Play
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2007 at 19:35

The product description sais .50 cal OK, therefore, I would condsider the glass shattering due to 50 cal recoil a defect.

I hate waranties that are for orignal owner only.  Now I have to keep my reciept in a place I will not loose it but a place that I will remember!  It's like the software that comes with your PC, you have to zip-lock bag it and tape it to the unit or you will loose it.

What a great idea, I can tape my receipt to the scope!

Chris, do I have to keep my receipt to show that I'm the original owner or is there a product registration that we fill out and return to SWFA?

Thanks,

Smitty

Edited by smitty
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2007 at 19:43

I will be using Leupold QRW rings...it wont always be attached to the rifle! 

Smitty

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 10:36
Originally posted by macky macky wrote:

Chris,

If someone did have a Super Sniper on a 50 Caliber and the glass shattered while shooting it, would that be considered a "manufacturing defect"?

Thanks ...

Warranties have to be written a certain way in order to protect the company from frivolous law suits and warranty claims.  IE: A lifetime, no fault, transferable warranty could be twisted in a way to make the scope manufacturer pay for a hunting trip.  Warranties today are written certain ways to protect the company not to hide from fixing their product......make sense?  We have never refused to take care of any problem with a SS scope in other words.  You don't have to keep a reciept, if it is a SWFA erra SS it will be fixed in the extremely unlikely event that it requires fixin' .

In regards to the "glass shattering" on one while shooting it on a .50, I've never heard of that happening and would sincerely doubt if it is true.  I have caught several people spreading misinformation about the SS scopes in the past.   Keep in mind that we are the only source for the SS and that fact does not sit well with some of our competitors.

Edited by Chris
macky View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 11:19

Chris,

I KNEW that you guys would stand behind what you sell ..... that's why I always come to you when I need something .... cause there has never been a problem or a situation where you have not been fair.

The answer that you gave me (just above this one) is exactly the kind of response that I expected ...

When I saw this "Lifetime to original owner and against mfg. defects is how it is written." it sort of left me "hanging"

Thanks for the clarification .... 

The World is a Toy Store ...
And I aims to Play
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 20:11

Chris, I didnt see a registration card in the box with the scope.  Do we have to show proof of purchase such as the receipt, to show we are the original owner?

Thanks,

Smitty

smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 20:19

Chris,  I found the registration card.  It sais Tasco on it and it looks like a marketing questionare and doesnt have a section that I complete specifically for the scope I just bought.

It asks for information I dont need to, nor want to give.

What do you need from me in order to register the register and hae the warranty.  Im not interested in giving Tasco my income, etc. etc.

Thanks,

Smitty

Edited by smitty
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 09:31

Those are old cards from tasco era, just ignore them.  You are in our data base as purchasing the scope, so no worries.

CF

2ndchance View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndchance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2007 at 23:33
What if the scope was purchased at SWFA, but I am not the purchaser?  As if I received one as a gift or bought it at a gun show from someone who DID buy it from SWFA?  How will the warranty be handled then?
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2007 at 10:24
We'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there.  We can what if different scenarios all day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic