OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What do you own?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 13:32

As Steve Irwin would say....DANGER DANGER DANGER

I know many people that have hunted their whole life with no binocular or a really bad one and once they use a good set or a set at all you can talk them into giving them up for anything.  I can't count the number of times that I have spotted something with my binoculars and thought to my self that I would never had seen that if it was not for my binoculars.

Never shoot something if you don't know what it is and never point your gun at something you don't intend to shoot.

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 13:37

Killer Junior,

Tasco is just a name and that name is now owned by Bushnell.  We have complete control and the world wide rights to the SS but we still have to give tasco/Bushnell their cut for handling the warranty, importation and for the use of the product name and that is why they link to us off their site.  Speaking of links, you want to know how to display a link.  You can copy and paste it in or if that does not work simply put the link between this code .  For a detailed list of how to use the ubb code click the link Forum Codes that appears at the bottom of the text box you type your post in.

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 13:42

chris, i jsut got back today from hunting whitetails here in VA, and i got tired of picking my rifle up, and using it to look through after the first 2 times of doing it. so i reached down into my backpack, and pulled out my brunton lite-tech 8x32's, and noticed it was ALOT easier. so for next hunting season i think i might buy myself a pair of SLC's.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 13:44

You won't be dissappointed.  It opens up a whole new world.

MacDyver60 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacDyver60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 14:11
Names on a scope impress me very little, Look at the beautiful young ladies winning events with BSA's I have found if a scope is clear, consistent and rugged  and mounted on a consistent and rugged firearm, the weakest link is the shooter.
Shoot, shoot and shoot... Observe and shoot..shoot...shoot some more. Range, elevation and environment should be the only inconsistencies.
kokdyer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kokdyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2004 at 06:49

Just back from the gunshop (Armeria Lobo in Puerto Real, Andalucia (CADIZ) SpaiN).  They had my new Blaser S-2 9.3x74R.  So now I have to figure out what to put on it.  I might break my own laws and hit it with a big money 30mm scope.  I haven't seen many 1 inch scopes with rail mounts.  The Blaser system doesn't require rail mounts, but you might as well use them.  They sure as hell look better on Double Rifles.

I have to wait for my Spanish Gun Permit to get back to the gunshop before I can take it home.  The Spanish call this a GUIA.

So what do you guys think?  I am thinking either 1.75-6x42 pick a name Zeiss, Swarovski, Schmidt and Bender, Doctor, or Kahles rail mount scope.  I am also thinking 2.5-10x56 or 3.5-12x50 with an illuminated reticle for wildboar at night.

If you go to http://www.blaser.de/english/produkte/s2/einleitung.htm you will see what the upgraded rifle looks like.  Mine is just a luxus.  It was E4280 or $5506.

I screwed up and lost my 2003 Alaska hunting license and now I have to wait until I get the new 2004 license from the state.  I need it so I can convince the Spanish to give me a hunting license without a whole lot of drama.  So until then this thing is going to be sitting in the safe.  If I can get the Polish to let me hunt and travel there with this rifle, I am going to do a wildboar hunt in Febuary there.  I think that would be a good first hunt for the Blaser.

What do you guys think? 

Chris what can you get with in 30mm with a rail mount in the states?

Edited by kokdyer
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2004 at 16:32

just a Luxus huh!!!!  WOWthat is one fine rifle.

We don't sell mounts for it here but I did take a Blaser R93 on trade that had the mounts with it and the guy said he paid $250. for the mounts.

Please post a picture if you get to take that beauty on a boar hunt.

Boomholzer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomholzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2004 at 18:02

koshkin,

How do you like your Tikkas?

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2004 at 21:00
Tikkas are great.  My M695 in 280Rem shoots MOA or better with pretty much anything I feed it.  That's dead stock, not a thing modified.

Ilya
kokdyer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kokdyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2004 at 10:48

Yeah, the Blaser is just a luxus!  I am really happy with it, but didn't realize that I could have got a beaver tail forarm for it.  So I am going to have to look into that option.  I see me buying all the other guns in the line as well.  I am really impressed with the quality.  They damn sure are not custom guns, but they are damn nice.  I do think the R93's should be about $1200 tops for synthetic though.  R-93's are a  little pricey.

Ammo is going to kill me until I get back to the states and can reload.  E50 per box.  That's for the Blaser that it is regulated with.  I think the ammo is made by Wolfgang Romey, Blaser just puts there name on it similar to Weatherby.  Norma and Seller & Bellot are probably cheaper.  Nothing made in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland is cheap!

I am still thinking 1.75-6 don't know Zeiss, Schmidt and Bender, or Swarovski yet.  Haven't seen any Docter or Kahles rail mounts.  The Schmidt and Bender Zenith  1.75-6 rail is E1200 (about $1800).  Need to find a better deal.  Only want to spend about E850 ($1100).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic