OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

? for Chris@SWFA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? for Chris@SWFA
    Posted: February/02/2007 at 05:18
  Hey Chris,  whats the procedure if there was a warranty issue with an IOR?,  Does SWFA replace it or does it have to go back to Romania?  I'm starting to lean towards the IOR now and just wanted to know a little more detail on the warranty.     

Thanks, Rob
"If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are All Defective"
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2007 at 07:39

I'll butt in on this one.  I know Chris will be happy to help you out but I have first hand experience with an IOR warranty claim.  Maybe my experience can be of help...

First off, the chances of you getting an IOR that will need warranty work are pretty remote.  However, should something happen, what you'll need to do is call Scott or Val @ IOR Valdada in Colorado.  Their # is listed on their website.  You'll have to describe your problem and if it is something that cannot be resolved or fixed over the phone, you'll send the scope to them in CO.  They'll give the scope a thorough inspection and call you with their findings.  Then, they will tell you whether it is a repair that they can do or whether it will need to go back to the factory in Romania. 

In my experience, I found both Scott and Val to be very fair and professional.  Treat them in the same manner and I'm sure that you'll be satisfied in your dealings with them, too.

Again, buy IOR with confidence.  The chances of you actually having to go through such a situation aren't very good.

rob1963 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2007 at 08:11
  ceylonc,  Thank you for your input.  The reason I'm asking is I have received a couple of unfavorable reports concerning  dealings with the fella in CO.  This is the main reason I have not settled on the IOR yet.  I've kinda gotten the gist that this guy can be hard to deal with and if thats the case, I won't be interested in IOR.  I understand chances are that there would be no problems, but things do happen.  O.K., I.m done ranting.  Thanks  Rob  
"If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are All Defective"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2007 at 13:50

IOR's CS dept has gotten better the past few years.

My dealings with Val were....well...... IOR's CS dept has gotten better.  

I would buy an IOR product right here @ SWFA.

C:

How is Scott tied into IOR's CS dept? I thought he was merely a IOR vendor.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2007 at 14:53

Val is the U.S. importer and any warranty would be performed by him, you would never need to send it to Romania.

Val was previously a one man operation and sometimes could get short with customers because he is too busy.  He recently hired some help (Scott) and he has helped improve the CS.

Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2007 at 19:02
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

IOR's CS dept has gotten better the past few years.

My dealings with Val were....well...... IOR's CS dept has gotten better.  

I would buy an IOR product right here @ SWFA.

C:

How is Scott tied into IOR's CS dept? I thought he was merely a IOR vendor.

I would blame your friend for that incedent, not Val

I'm the only one that knows anything around here. Don't ask me any questions though because i don't know anything
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2007 at 03:45

Tony =  

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2007 at 11:56
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic