OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Daisy 777

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 777
    Posted: January/28/2007 at 15:59
Hello all,

I have a Daisy 717, 747 and 777.  The 717 and 747 have a Bushell Magnum Phantom Rail scope mounted with a B-Square 2 piece aluminum mount that clamps on the barrel and bottom rail of the scope at the same time using two cap screws.  This has been a terrific scope and set up for the 717 and 747.  I want to do the same set up on the 777, but cannot find the discontinued B-Square mount anywhere. There is no part number on it and contacting B-square direct was usless. Does anyone have one of these they would part with, or know where I can get one or two? They are black anodized aluminum,  1" high, 2" long and are cut at a 45 degree angle on both ends.  I can e-mail a picture if unsure what I am describing.        & nbsp;     Thanks,
Don Eichelberger
Milwaukee, WI.
ssaigol View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssaigol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2007 at 13:58
This is not related to optics but to Daisy 717's. Sonset please advise what lubricant you use in the 717/747. Daisy manual says motor oil. I'm trying to fix an old 717 up. Getting a new valve and oil seals from Daisy. The gun is about 20 years old.

Thanks in advance
ssaigol
Chris in NorCal View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in NorCal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2007 at 17:01

Ask the question here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

Sonset View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2007 at 20:39
Hello assaigol,

I use a product called "3 in 1 Oil"   It's a household, light weight oil, similar to sewing machine oil. It's a lot lighter weight oil than "motor oil".  The heavier the oil,  the more residue... the more residue, the more dirt is attracted to it.
   You can Google "3 in 1 Oil"  or,   go to;   "http://www.wd40.com/Brands/3in1.cfm" 

One application every 2-3 months has served me well.  Good luck, and Good shooting.

Sonset
Don Eichelberger
Milwaukee, WI.
ssaigol View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssaigol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 01:52
Thanks Sonset. 
ssaigol
VPilot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2008 at 19:22
Don,

I hope you don't mind my asking, but I've been searching for a Daisy 777 for a while now and wondered if you still had one that you'd consider selling?  If so, I have extensive positive online transaction references.  Even if you don't have or don't wish to sell,  I thank you in advance for for the note.

Tim
(VPilot)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic