OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bifurcation theory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bifurcation theory
    Posted: January/25/2007 at 13:00
Imagine the piece of chalk your writing with starting to bend as you push on it forming the first part of a sine wave. Pushing harder it suddenly breaks. The Claucisus effect. It occurs in all physical systems, and in the context of this forum particulary to primer pockets just at the point where the stretch an will not hold the primers, Can it be used to measure pressure? Up to a point- when the information becomes non-linear, at this time the numerical values bifurcate and become what traditional engineers call non-linear or more formly deterministic chaotic. Anyother example is when the center of mass of a bullet moves along it's axis. Take an example of a reveresed 148 gr 38 wadcutter when fired. At some point it will start to tumble and the badmiton (sp) effect will put the heavy end forward-bifurcation-- one theory many uses. (by the may this latter example was how Hydro-shock bullets were developed, but I digress). Using 1st order coupled differential equations, numerical computer techniques these models can be examined and explored. (Or if your interested 2nd order models can be used giving quasi-periodicity, fractals, state phase trajectorys (derivatives) of the exact moment of the event. This methodology can be used to study, for example, why 6 mm bullets with bad BC and slow twist rates can shoot so good at 1000yd, or why F-16 can turn so fast when the center of mass is so far behind the geometric center.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 13:29
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

Imagine the piece of chalk your writing with starting to bend as you push on it forming the first part of a sine wave. Pushing harder it suddenly breaks. The Claucisus effect. It occurs in all physical systems, and in the context of this forum particulary to primer pockets just at the point where the stretch an will not hold the primers, Can it be used to measure pressure? Up to a point- when the information becomes non-linear, at this time the numerical values bifurcate and become what traditional engineers call non-linear or more formly deterministic chaotic. Anyother example is when the center of mass of a bullet moves along it's axis. Take an example of a reveresed 148 gr 38 wadcutter when fired. At some point it will start to tumble and the badmiton (sp) effect will put the heavy end forward-bifurcation-- one theory many uses. (by the may this latter example was how Hydro-shock bullets were developed, but I digress). Using 1st order coupled differential equations, numerical computer techniques these models can be examined and explored. (Or if your interested 2nd order models can be used giving quasi-periodicity, fractals, state phase trajectorys (derivatives) of the exact moment of the event. This methodology can be used to study, for example, why 6 mm bullets with bad BC and slow twist rates can shoot so good at 1000yd, or why F-16 can turn so fast when the center of mass is so far behind the geometric center.
             whilst I sit and eat my sushi in nyc I did not become.nauseated at the trivial and theoretical bs that dc has thrown us again. the bifurcation theory while having relevant points and potential applications remains theoretical in most applications. the major reason of your post was not to provide useful info but to try to show that you are intellient. what you showed to me is that you are insecure in constant need of approval and reassurance that you are who you think you are and that you just read a book on the subject as you previously mentioned. you are pittiful and I hope at some point in your life you find real happiness.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 13:33
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 13:59

God I'm glad you cleared that up!  Thought "deterministic chaotic" was how my mother-in-law described my marriage and  "quasi-periodicity" was what happened to my wife every month.

Thanks!

God save the Empire!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 14:11
D. Overton....... give it a flippin break...... its getting old! 
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 17:55
Thought you said you were going to read the book Dolo- Just because it doesn't have the Psychology Today approach- comin read it.
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 18:59

Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

Wow that was... random.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2007 at 20:30

picture the taco bell chalupa in your hand as your eating it, for some reason you think this chalupa looks funny, but i bet its because it has a higher center of gravity than a super burrito, you said chalupa which with its higher center of gravity falls into a dark pit where it becomes something with a lower center of gravity, you then notice a strange feeling and then your theroy that there was something funny about that chalupa comes to light.

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 23:20

Wont step here..

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 12:11
ya-- one has to pass gas lets see which is worse mex. or sushi??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic