OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

buy cheap buy twice!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 17:44
Originally posted by oldman47 oldman47 wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

35mm scopes are a little better optically, but the difference is not huge.  Generally, once you get into a reasonably high price range optical differences are very incremental (diminishing returns).  While 35mm IORs are better with their 6x erector and marginally better glass, they are also more expensive.  I think 2.5-10x42 IOR with 30mm tube and FFP is an excellent scope for a good price.

ILya

35MM Scopes are better optically ????   Did you mean 30mm tube ?  What a mis-statement !   That is just a european standard manufactured to try to get more light before the newer high end optics were made . I'm sure you did'nt mean a small 35mm diameter lens is better in any respect .  

Blackbird View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 18:32
I stand corrected. I was just informed by one of Uncle Sam's higher-ups, that you are correct. I guess I am showing my age. Technology today is advancing so quickly, that I didn't realize S&B got the military contract. I apologize to all that I may offended. God Bless.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 18:39
No problem, take care Blackbird.
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2007 at 18:41

Originally posted by Blackbird Blackbird wrote:

The dark lord takes a back seat to "The Lord." You want a good tacticle scope, you buy the best. You buy a Leupold Mark IV. Still have the best warranty in the optics business. They are proven, for ruggedness, reliability, tracking, and most of all dependability. When your life depends on 1 shot, like it does for an Army Sniper, you go with Leupold!

WOW!!!!

Somebody drank way too much of the "Kool Aid..."

15 years ago, maybe...

Today: NOT!

darren View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 12:44
who does the best deal on a S & B then?
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2007 at 14:58

Originally posted by darren darren wrote:

who does the best deal on a S & B then?

You are in Europe correct? Can you elaborate on a specific S&B model?

darren View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 09:10
Schmidt Bender PM II 3-12x50 34mm

or

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic