OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

fixed powers and low magnification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 21:12
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

A high post count may very well mean one has gathered a lot of useful knowledge from others' experiences while here... or it could just mean one has simply done a lot more typing than other posters.

Or, RD, a few of them really do have their sh*t together. Before you know it, these guys with the most posts will have you buying Nikon, IOR and S&B. I am such a sucker...........
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 22:08

RD,if you are refering to the comments I made to GM that was not because of his post count,check his post history and you will see what I mean.

Some of the people that have very little posts here are some of my most repected members,Mike McDonald,RMsniper,TPS_phil,Tbone1 for example.

I think there has been a misunderstanding on your part.

Edited by SVD666
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 22:33
Originally posted by SVD666 SVD666 wrote:

RD,if you are refering to the comments I made to GM that was not because of his post count,check his post history and you will see what I mean.

Some of the people that have very little posts here are some of my most repected members,Mike McDonald,RMsniper,TPS_phil,Tbone1 for example.

I think there has been a misunderstanding on your part.

Maybe so.  Actually I was really referring to comments you made to me in another thread.  I took the time to explain why I felt it was a mistake to assume a particular brand was never a good choice and your response to me I felt was rather curt, elitist and condescending.  Perhaps I just took your comments out of context; I don't dispute that, but when I asked for clarification, you didn't follow up with a reply.  I don't dispute your contribution to OT.  I appreciate your input.  In fact, you seem like a very nice guy, which is why I was puzzled by some recent comments you made to me.

Edited by RifleDude
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 22:38

There has been alot of BS going around lately and maybee I caught a little of that described cabin fever too. I admited this to a few of the regulars here throgh a PM. I am a cool guy and I learned something very important earlier today when I got a PM from somebody here saying they are no longer going to

participate here. I have a new outlook and you will notice the change.

Edited by SVD666
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 22:47
Thanks, bud!  I know from reading your posts that you aren't one who typically belittles other people over trivial things.  When you don't have the benefit of facial expressions and voice inflection, it's often easy to misunderstand people's intent through the written word.  I don't want to be petty, so I'll try not to sweat the small stuff.  Again, I do enjoy reading your posts!

Have a great weekend!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 22:53
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Or, RD, a few of them really do have their sh*t together. Before you know it, these guys with the most posts will have you buying Nikon, IOR and S&B. I am such a sucker.......

No doubt!  I can think of at least 10 people here that fit that description, including SVD!  There is a lot of good collective experience and knowledge represented here! 

BTW, I already buy Nikon, am considering an IOR as we speak, and S&B... well, I'm sure they're fantastic, but when you reach that price point, I'm thinking more along the lines of getting a new rifle...  still, I am intrigued by the 1.5-6X42 Zenith...
Ted

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 23:13
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 13:15
I feel all all warm and fuzzy.
ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
Jsimoneaud View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 13:55

thanks for all the input and advice guys. I got my JB book and have read 60 pages so far, it's a great book for a learner like me.

I agree with the comments about the BS posts on here lately, but there are some of you who really do have a vast amount of knowledge. I have somewhat stopped posting and making comments, but I do visit this site and 24hourcampfire daily, but I am doing more reading than posting, cause my knowledge level on optics is not comparable to some of you, so for me it's better let everyone think I am dumb, instead of opening my mouth and proving it :).

ya'll have a good weekend!!!

J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic