OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BSA Panther

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSA Panther
    Posted: January/20/2007 at 13:02
I just got one of the numerous catalogs that come every day. It has a BSA Panther 6-24 for about $150. I recall reading a review on a 17 HMR rifle somewhere where the writer had a BSA Panther on it and had nice things to say. Back when BSA first appeared I had one of their 6-24 variables which sure looked nice and had every neat feature you could ask for BUT above 12X it just faded out. Anybody have any experience with this model?
cdchondas View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdchondas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 13:21
I am curious to see some responses, I bought one of those last night, illuminated reticle 6-24 parrallax adjustment etc.  bought it on a whim to upgrade hopefully then today here I am trying to find out if its any good.  Its for a 270 a-bolt, I guess if no body speaks up I will have to come back and say what I think when I get it and shoot some
rootmanslim View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 23:55
Thanks, I would love to hear what you find. As I said the early one just faded out and got fuzzy at high power. No problems with adjustment, holding zero & parralax though.I also woner about that 10-40x50 30mm tube sptsman is selling for around $150.
cdchondas View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdchondas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 16:01
Got it today, looks good so far, for the money I cant complain, hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to see how it performs on paper.
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 16:04
Thanks, I'll be interested in hearing. If you can: "shoot the square", check for bullet hit shift at different powers and check the parralax. NEAT!
cdchondas View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdchondas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 21:26
I am planning to try the box, it has a focus ring on the eyebell with and paralax which I was playing with earlier today when it was still light. forgive me I am no scope "expert", just a guy finding something that will shoot good.
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2007 at 23:35
I'm no expert either, so hopefully we'll both learn. thanks, RMS
cdchondas View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdchondas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 20:45

cdchondas View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdchondas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 20:55
Had it out today, I'm a little ticked at the selection of ammunition available locally, unfortunatly I got remington 115gr. managed recoil, never again they have horrible balistics, I normally shoot 100 but I might go 130. long story short the clarity is probably not the greatest perhaps due to the lighted reticle the vision appears grainy. for what I am going to use it for (groundhogs) it will be ok but for deer or something where you need quick target aquisition I wouldnt buy it mainly because you need too much adjustment between paralax and eyebell adjustment to get sighted on really fast.  I didnt try the box and I am not sure if it can do it from what the adjustments did while siteing in. All in all its not bad depending on what you want to do, I would not walk around in the woods with it for closer range at all. for 150 bucks its a decent scope.  I will probably have a 10x super sniper next.
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 23:09
Thanks it did look a bit too good to be true.. My 6.5-20 new Monarch arrived today w/CH & dot. It's as nice as the first one I got on ebay last year with a plex. probably gonna go on my 22-06. thanks, RMS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic