OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swift SRP or Burris Fulffield II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedtf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swift SRP or Burris Fulffield II
    Posted: January/19/2007 at 17:14
Need two new scopes for target shooting.  One for my savage 12fv in 243 win and remmy 700 in 204 ruger.  I was thinking either Burris 6.5-20x50mm or Swift SRP in 6-24x50 for the 204 and 8-32x50mm for the 243.  Never looked through a Swift scope though.  I have heard they are great for the dollar.  I own a Burris Fullfield 6.5-20x50mm and have it on a 223 and it is good, but not great.  Thoughts?
gmatula View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmatula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 01:55
The Burris has better glass. I have looked through 3 or 4 Swift scopes, not bad but Burris is better, but more expensive.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 03:17

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5349&PN=1& amp;FID=26&PR=3

With SWFA's Nikon Blow out, I really would think about a Nikon Monarch...while they last.  

The Monarch's better than either scope mentioned.

Welcome to the both of you to The OT!!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
a green View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2007 at 16:07

I don't know about the burris, but I have been impressed with the swifts I have looked through.  My friend has two 3-9x40s and their brightness and clarity seems close to that of my bushnell elite 4200.  I haven't had a chance to compare them side by side in low light, but from what I can tell, the biggest advantage the bushnell has is in eye relief.  I have to get closer to his scope than I prefer, but he's never been bitten by it.  Go to a store that has both and look through them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic