OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Show off your guns!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeroman_IR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show off your guns!
    Posted: January/19/2007 at 15:32
As we now have a new Firearms forum, I think it's appropriate that people here show off their babies...er...guns  So I'm gonna open with mine:

6.5x55 SS/Lam Sako 75 with a S&B 3-12x50 Precision Hunter in medium Optilock mounts.

I haven't shot anything except paper yet as I have been very busy with work and had issues with my health lately but I'm hoping to get a nice sika doe before the end of the season here.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 15:40
thats a nice setup!!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 15:48

This pic doesn't really do justice to my 300 WM but I will post anyway. It is a Remington 700 African Plains Rifle in 300 WM. It has a stainless action and the barrel is from a 40-XB blank. A 40-XB trigger is also optioned on this rig as well. The rifle was then sent to Carolina Precision Rifle where it was pillar-bedded, free floated, re-crowned and bolt lugs were lapped. Robert Hart installed a Sako extractor and the rifle was sent to Walter Birdsong for a Black-T finish. Scope mounts are Leupold QR's also in Black-T. The scope is a Bausch & Lomb 2.5-10x40 Elite 4200.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 15:56
nice too!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 16:06

This is my coyote rig.   Super Sniper mounted on Barrett M82 mounted on "Rubber Maid" (nick name for the Rhino lined suburban).  Those HID lights on the front of the rack light things up like a baseball field.  We've had people think a UFO was landing.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 16:11
i think i would be a very scared coyote if i knew you were around!!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 16:21

Here is on of my favorite rifles it is a NDM-86 chambered in .308, it is configured slightly different now and I have upgraded the scope.

BNagel View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BNagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 17:21

Chris, that coyote rig friggin rocks 

Ben

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 17:39

What do you call that rig, Chris??

The Coyote Terminator?

Edited by cheaptrick
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 17:44

I like it!

How about Rat Patrol II

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 19:48

Chris,

My GOSH!!!  I seriously envy you!

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.  This is a great start to the new forum.

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 22:03
SVD, don't know much about the Dragunov rifles, is that one Chinese, Romainian? I have handled them and they are real nice.

Edited by tahqua
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 22:12

Tahqua this is a very rare revesed enginnered variation of a SVD dragunov made to outperform the original SVD by the Chinese Military, I also own a original russian SVD and a Tigr but this one is the best, capable of sub 1/2 MOA. See this great thread started by me here at the OT,this was my first post here. It has alot of great info.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3694&KW=ND M%2D86

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 17:27
OK, I'm gonna ask a stupid question now -- how do you post pics?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 18:23

Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

I'll post them for you if you can email them to me.

cheaptrick@carolina.rr.com

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 19:12

Chris' rig reminds me of my college days in Waco.  I got to be good friends with two brothers whose dad was the sheriff of McClennan County.  They had access to all kinds of good stuff like automatic weapons and dynamite.  They had actually built a "Rat Patrol" jeep, complete with a BAR and we used to take it out and shoot hogs, coyotes and the occasional goat to barbeque (a 50 caliber 750gr armor piercing doesn't tear up much meat).

While the goat was cooking, we'd go down to the junkyard and get an old car, bring it back to the ranch and blow it up with 20 stick of dynamite.  What great entertainment.  One time we used 40 sticks but got in trouble over that one because one of the doors of the car almost hit an airplane that was passing over.

There might have been a keg of Pearl beer involved in all this, too.  Ah, the good old days; probably couldn't get away with that anywhere, now.

Oh. These were the same guys that got me the pall bearer gig.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2007 at 09:05
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I'll post them for you if you can email them to me.

cheaptrick@carolina.rr.com

Thanks, Cheaptrick!  I'll try to get a couple pics taken and email them to you soon.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2007 at 10:47
Originally posted by mwyates mwyates wrote:

Ah, the good old days; probably couldn't get away with that anywhere, now.

Man!  Sounds like good times!  Waco, .50 cals, dynamite, was one of your buddies named David Koresh?

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2007 at 13:41

Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

There are three ways.

1.  If you have the image on your computer, just click the image upload button , then a box will pop up.  Click the Browse button and find the picture on your computer, the click OK and another box pops up....click OK again and the picture will be posted.

2.  If the picture is already on the Internet click Add Image button  and enter the address of the picture on the Internet.  To find the address of an image on the Internet, simply right click on the picture and click Properties.

3.  Upload the picture to the OpticsTalk.com Photo Server and it will resize it for you and provide you with the ubb code to post in the thread to make your picture appear.  Link to Photo Server.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2007 at 13:50
here she is chris!!! sexy as can be!!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic