OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

If your life depended on it !?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If your life depended on it !?!?!
    Posted: January/19/2007 at 14:29

Like most people in the military, their lives depend on optics and firearms...

For a civilian that was facing a life or death situation, and you only had one chance to make the right choice

No matter what the price is!

Which gun and rifle would you put on the line?

Which scope would you choice??

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 14:32
what are we doing with the choices, are we defending our homes or are we being put out in the field with a platoon??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 14:34

This would be your home, family and all the things around you that you love dearly...

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 14:39

h&k usp 45 nice fit in my smaller hands, open sights.

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 14:47

Mossberg 500 persuader with 00 buck - just the ticket for repelling boarders!

p.s. no scope required

God save the Empire!
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 15:34
Hello Stephanie for CQ defense it would be a AK74 M 5.45  with a S&B short dot and a Bizon 7.62x25MM on the side.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 17:01

Goddess, I think the best weapon to defend my home would be a 12ga. shotgun and buckshot.

Are you looking to "gear up"??

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 17:03
Stephanie; Glocks, H&K USP's, Colt AR15's and H&K 91. I've got choices and I am quite comfortable. Also Garand, M1911 and BHP, too. They all work. As for as optics, none on these guns, brick sh*thouses don't have glass windows. Remy 870 for spray and pray. Handguns are always the last choice.

Edited by tahqua
TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 17:12
  Glock...
We refuse to compromise our quality for pricing.
100% USA Made.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 18:20
Reminton 870 with 18" barrel, 7 shot, Surefire weapn light, loaded with #1 buckshot.
sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 19:05
Mossberg 9200 Jungle Gun 12 ga with birdshot field loads....Vang Comp Rem 870 with Surefire is also available but that will be heading back to Hans for some sight work (f/s replacement).
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 22:23

MP5 with an aimpoint, with full spray switch

If my target was armored I would go with an FN P90

[I have never even seen either of them, but I just can't pass up the chance to pick a sub-machinegun]

Edited by Anthony
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 22:30

Hello Stephanie !!  Anybody answering this question for the lady that recomends the 12ga. has nailed it!!  IMO !!!  An autoloading 12ga. , ya just point and shoot will clear anybodies nightmares from the room or doorway and it stays basicly in the house!!!  If your mother-inlaw lives next-door she will like it also..  and besides, when you just wake up who wants to or can see your invader that well to take carefull aim at him or her????  Just remember what your families sillohuette looks like..

Hot 30

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 05:49
Okay, one gun, HK91
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 08:07

The Mossberg Persuader can be had in 20 gauge as well for those who might like a slimmer gun/less recoil.  Birdshot OK for close in work (my preference in birdshot would be #2 or BB) if over penetration a concern. other wise stick to 2 3/4,  00 Buck.  Federal makes reduced recoil loads  - like geting hit with nine 9mm rounds.

Most of the time that big hole in the end pointed in the right direction should disuade a fight!

God save the Empire!
1stscope View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stscope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 10:16

One firearm for anything ? A 12ga 870 will do well for short range; slugs for big stuff, birdshot for birds, buckshot for 2 or 4 legged varmits, but I'd take a rifle as I like a bit more reach. A .223 is attractive as you can carry more ammo and still handle most things that you'd be likely to run into, but I'm partial to the 30.06 as it handles varmits to bear, and I used it on the target range for a few years. On the range you pretty much use a Model 70 if aren't shooting service rifle, so I'm partial to that too. Aperture sights were fine for working up loads, letting me tell the difference between sub MOA and MOA plus loads, it worked fine on the range out to 600 yards, but my eyes aren't as good as they use to be up close so I'd probably use a scope. The scope would probably be the one that I just received in the mail this week, a Sightron S2 1.5-6, as I don't want to give up the close shots (the scope focuses really close, even better than I expected) or the instant target aquisition that I'm use to from using aperure sights. 

Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 17:33

1.  If the fight is both inside and outside the house (a mob, for example):

Mini-14 with 30-round clips and a Weaver Grand Slam 1.75-5x scope.

2.  Inside the house:

Glock 23 (.40 caliber) with large capacity mags, and laser sight if my wife is doing the shooting.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 18:00

Steph,

For me, I use a Glock 23.  For a woman other than my wife, I mean one that can't shoot. I go with Mwyates.  Normally a rack of the slide will get most folks to turn tail.  If I didn't have to be concerned about the law suites afterwards a supressed MP5 with sub-sonic rounds. Why hurt your ears, even with your mouth open, jaw jutted out and screamin' like a banchee you'll loose your ability to hear after a couple rounds in a hallway. Oh, and empty the weapon, one round right between the eyes means your going to the big house. 

Edited by Steelbenz
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 18:43
Originally posted by hot30 hot30 wrote:

Hello Stephanie !!  Anybody answering this question for the lady that recomends the 12ga. has nailed it!!  IMO !!!  An autoloading 12ga. , ya just point and shoot will clear anybodies nightmares from the room or doorway and it stays basicly in the house!!!  If your mother-inlaw lives next-door she will like it also..  and besides, when you just wake up who wants to or can see your invader that well to take carefull aim at him or her????  Just remember what your families sillohuette looks like..

Hot 30

It don't work quite that way.  At ten feet your pattern will be about an inch.  At twenty feet it still is about 4".  If you use some sort of NFA shotgun then, you get some manuverablity.  Your pattern will open up, but at close quaters is still pretty small. You have the NFA hassle to be legal.  Auto gauges in NFA are finicky, high maintaince problem children from the ones I have seen. Something like a 14" 870 with a flashlight forend, and Ghost rings is a better choice.

Any  non -NFA shotgun is too long to work up close.  You end up with the thing pointed at your toes most of the time. Now If you have some sort of "fort" made up of some patio blocks glued to some plywood like a sort of police shield and can keep an area covered with the shotgun ok...

Edited by silver
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 18:58
Originally posted by Stephanie Stephanie wrote:

Like most people in the military, their lives depend on optics and firearms...

For a civilian that was facing a life or death situation, and you only had one chance to make the right choice

No matter what the price is!

Which gun and rifle would you put on the line?

Which scope would you choice??

A better AK, I want some thing that can saw up a car.  I want car suppresion on the driver

A Valmet or othe AK varient would be ok, IF YOU COULD FIND ONE.  A FAL would warrent points too.  You can find the FAL and mags now. 

My freinds who collect exotic firearms have let me use some of the "industry standards" like the MP-5, UZI, Thompson, Sten, AUG, MP-38, MP-40, and M-4. For inside the house I would want the UZI, but like the MP-5 better overall.   

No scope, but dot or night vision would get points. Flash light forends rule

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic