OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Forum settings problem -- help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum settings problem -- help
    Posted: January/19/2007 at 09:29

Admin --

Having a problem with my Forum Preferences / profile settings I need help with.  Originally, I had the "notify me of replies to posts" selected, but I began getting so many emails, I decided to uncheck this selection.  I went into my Settings and did so, yet I still continue receiving email replies.  I went back and checked to see if for some reason the changes didn't take effect, yet the "notify me of replies" still shows to be unchecked.  What am I doing wrong?  I'm o.k. with receiving email notification of PMs, I just want to stop the reply to posts notification.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by RifleDude
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 13:13
Click on settings, then you should get three buttons at the top right.  Click the one that says, E-Mail Notifiy, then deselect them all.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2007 at 17:57
Already tried that & it didn't work....
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 11:47

I have unsubscribed all the email notifications for you (but not PMs).

The "notify me of replies to posts" selection works as a general rule. When you make a post and check the "Email Notify me of Replies" checkbox at the botton of the page, this overwrites that general rule.

On the Email Notification Subscriptions page, there are two Unsubscribe buttons. One (the top one) is used to unsubscribe the forums that you have subscribed to email notification; the other one is the one for unsubscribing the topics you regiestered. You may have missed this button as you have a long list of subscribed topic.

Please let me know if you still have the problem.

regards,

Administrator

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 12:53

Thanks for your help, James, but I'm still getting them for some reason.

???

The reason this is an issue is I originally signed up as a user from my work computer, but I post both from work and home.  I just don't want a bunch of email replies coming to my work computer.

Thanks for any and all help!

Ted

Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 13:36

Hi RifleDude,

You are very welcome.

I just checked your settings and saw three new subscribed topics, which may be the reason that you got new notification emails. To avoid this, please make sure the "Email Notify me of Replies" checkbox above the Post Reply button is unchecked when you post replies. The Forum can remember the notification settings. So the checkbox will be checked or unchecked depending on what you seleted last time you posted a reply to the topic.

Regards,

James

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2007 at 17:00

Thanks, James.  What I don't understand is that you should be able to just uncheck "notify me of replies to posts" on the main profile settings page and it should take care of everything without having to individually uncheck all the threads I've posted in.  Is this not correct?

Thanks again for your help!

Ted

Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2007 at 09:33

Hi Ted,

Unfortunately that is not the truth. It is just a general rule or a basic setting for each page you visit. Once you have that checked, you will see the 'Email Notfy me of Replies' checkbox under the Post Reply input field is checked by default and vice versa.

James

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2007 at 18:32

Well, it appears the problem must have fixed itself somehow.  I'm no longer getting email notices and I'm also not having to go into my settings and uncheck anything anymore --even when I post in new threads.

Thanks again for your help!

Ted

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic