OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Where are Nightforce made??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy.177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are Nightforce made??
    Posted: January/18/2007 at 13:23
I have been told Hakko makes them in Japan.

BUT

I have looked on the net a little and maybe they are made by Light Optical works in Japan??

BUT

On the Nightforce web site it says ALL Nightforce scopes are assembled in America??

Now I know assembled can mean anything but if they buy all the parts from Japan,
And assemble them in America does this warrant a made in America stamp??

Any info that people know about this would be great.

Master Debater
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 13:37
They are assembled in the US with Japanese components. Yes this warrants the US stamp. Most companies are doing this with not only japanese but components from all over the world and now there are even scopes on the lower end of the american name brands bieng assembled overseas. I expect more of this to happen in the future as competition becomes neck to neck but the majority of it will be on the down low.
Murphy.177 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy.177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 13:39
Originally posted by SVD666 SVD666 wrote:

They are assembled in the US with Japanese components.

Do you have any idea who's components??
Master Debater
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 14:05
Not exactly shure,my guess on glass would be LO.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 14:13

Whose components is really irrelevant as things are built to spec.  Knowing the company name does not mean anything and most cases you would not recognize the company name.

IE: If I told you NightForce was made my Nagasaki Optic company, you wouldn't know any more than you do now.

There are no Nikon, Bushnell, Simmons, BSA, etc. factories in the Orient.  Everything is built to each brands specs or relabeled "off the shelf" factory products.  This is why you see the same scope with Tasco's name and Simmons' name.

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 18:55
didn't we nuke that place once--hmm wonder if their glass is radioactive?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 18:58

Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

didn't we nuke that place once--hmm wonder if their glass is radioactive?

if it is we dont need to pay extra for a lighted reticle!

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
rootmanslim View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 23:01
Japan... Yes but not again
China...Not Yet, hopefully enough WalMarts will win for us
Iran... U.S. made F16s but not USAF pilots
North Korea....SLBCMs
Sadar City... the brand new little JDAMs
Syria....B1Bs from Diego Garcia
"It's Miller Time"
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2007 at 23:22

As far as I have understand the only manufacturer in the US that makes it's own lenses is US optics.But I might be wrong? Mostly others if not all are supposed to use Asian lenses.

And with the speed that the chinese are taking over the production in the world I suppose they are the main manufacturers today.

a lot of my Nikon Equipment is market "made in china"

Regards Technika

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 08:46
Originally posted by www.technika.nu www.technika.nu wrote:

As far as I have understand the only manufacturer in the US that makes it's own lenses is US optics.But I might be wrong? Mostly others if not all are supposed to use Asian lenses.

And with the speed that the chinese are taking over the production in the world I suppose they are the main manufacturers today.

a lot of my Nikon Equipment is market "made in china"

Regards Technika

I believe that Zeiss Conquest is assembled in the USA from parts manufactured in Europe.  Somebody correct me if they know otherwise.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 08:47
i think your right but the rest of the zeiss line is taken care of else where
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 10:10

Many scopes are assembled in the U.S.A. to save on the duty.  IE: Zeiss only has to pay something like a 4% duty on parts opposed to a 15% duty on scopes.  With the Euro so strong this extra 11% allows them to position the retail price competitively.  Swarovski and Kahles do the same with their 1" lines.

Murphy.177 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy.177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 10:16
Originally posted by Chris Chris wrote:

Whose components is really irrelevant as things are built to spec.  Knowing the company name does not mean anything and most cases you would not recognize the company name.

IE: If I told you NightForce was made my Nagasaki Optic company, you wouldn't know any more than you do now.

But I could say to the person who told me Hakko made them that no they didnt Nagasaki Optic company do.
I dont care who makes them just I dont think Hakko does.
Master Debater
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2007 at 10:18

I can tell you 100% for sure that Hakko does not have anything to do with NightForce.  In fact Hakko no longer exist, they went out of business last year and have loosely reformed under the name of Japan Optics Ltd. (JOL).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic