OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

what gun do you kick yourself for selling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what gun do you kick yourself for selling
    Posted: January/16/2007 at 11:50
when the 325 wsm came out,  winchester made very few super grade III rmef models in the 325 wsm and 300 wsm.  i bought one in the 325 and it was a beautiful gun.  i got divorce a year ago and had to sell it,  and now the values have gone through the roof.  i really wish i had it back,  but hind sight is 20/20 as they say.
don't try to change me, just accept me for who i am
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 12:56

Sorry to hear about that rifle Fwinn, I feel you pain on that one. I had a SVD Tigr nevada special

it was a slightly shortened barrel with a factory flash hider no bayonet lug and standard pso-1

civilian issue and Izmash military configured furniture in 7.62x54, sold it for two grand to a best

friend in 98.Wish I would have kept that,the stuff I would be able to do to it now.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 12:58
Remington 600 in .222.  Sweet little rifle but needed the money long ago.  Have replaced since & don't trade in anymore.
God save the Empire!
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 16:33

Well, there was this .22 single shot that was a tack driver and no serial numbers...

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 17:17

I sell guns for living, i don't regret any of those sales.....

But i never sell my own guns, so I don't have those psycological problems ..........

Regards technika

mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 18:22

A Browning Auto .22 from the late '60's.

A Cooper Custom Classic .243 Win.

fwinn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 21:29

mwyates,

brownings got a shot show 22 auto that looks great,  octagon barrel,  decently reasonable,  my local store ordered one at shot show and i put dibs on it.  i'm a sucker for cool stuff.

dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 21:45
Winchester pre 64 modle 70 in 25.06.
fwinn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 22:05
i have a pre 64 model 70 .243 featherweight.  my dad had it since the early 70's and gave it to me.  he had never fired it,  but it had been fired,  i shot and hunted with it for about a year and quit carrying it once the new wore off to me.  it is one of my favorite guns.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 11:54
Rem 700 BDL Custom 25-06 first year they cane out.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2007 at 19:31
I sold my first center fire rifle, a BAR, that I had for 25 years. Nice bluing, good shooter and it carried real nice until I scoped it. I haven't sold a gun since and if I ever find another one like it I will buy it.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 09:08

Originally posted by medic52 medic52 wrote:

Rem 700 BDL Custom 25-06 first year they cane out.

That hurts.

Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 09:10
Once I buy it, I never sell it. Its just the way I am.  I figure if I like it enough to put into my collection, there it will stay.  And, I always try to find good deals, so I do not put out mega figures of money.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 09:40
Sako M75 Stainless Synthetic .300 Win mag with a silver Conquest 3.5-10x44mm.........
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 11:14

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Sako M75 Stainless Synthetic .300 Win mag with a silver Conquest 3.5-10x44mm.........

Now that's a North American go to gun....bummer

Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2007 at 11:36

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

wow that really sucks

my dad had an original colt revolver, [old school cowboy that he inherited as a kid] an original coach shotgun, a springfeild mod 1903 all in semi-perfect condition. sold everything for 300, because my mom got scared because of a story on the news about a kid that shot themself.

Oh and before that someone offered him 1920's thompson SMG in not perfect, but good condition, for 120 and he turned it down because he thought it would cost to much to feed it.

as for me, I have wasted several hundred dollars on handgun sights, rings and bases, and I screwed a winchester mod 1890 WRF pump gun. which doesn't seem to bad to me after I read about what everyone else did.

300 Win Mag View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 Win Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2007 at 22:02
My Heart goes out to all that had to part with their weapons So, what have we learned in class today boys and girls? NEVER SELL YOUR GUNS! We can
always find something else to sell to make some cash, For example, Your wife's shoes. Ha Ha Ha
jsethmor View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsethmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2007 at 14:48

My Sako 75 deluxe in 7mm stw.  Honeymoon money.  Enough said!

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2007 at 09:23

Colt 45acp Government Nickel Class C factory engraved.

S&W Model 29 Blue fully engraved with gold inlay action custom tuned by SteveVelchoff with Custom Ivory target grips.

Browning HiPower electroless nickel with custom Ivory grips.

Brownig Belgium 20 ga over under.

Two H&K 91s, a sweet shooting 6 in S&W 66, two custom tuned Gold Cups  and the list goes on.

That's what happens when you run into money at 25 then run out of it and get laid off.  Dam the bad Luck! 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
ROCKMAN57 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROCKMAN57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2007 at 19:42

My Dad,

For falling off the wagon and selling his Sako in 30-06 with a redfield topper.

I laid awake nights dreamin about inheriting that rifle.

So now I'm stuck with my ole Remington 700 BDL in 30-06(imagine that?)

But I think I'll live.

Rock

Walk softly,keep the wind in your face and watch your back
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic