OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

2007 scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 scopes
    Posted: January/15/2007 at 16:53
just talked to my local sporting goods guy who went to the shot show last week.  he is not a scope expert,  but does know some.  he said the new nikons will have a 40mm eyelet and they are going to advertise that they have the best eye relief in the business.  he is a leupold guy to the core,  but said that the new Z6 swarovski was far and above better than the new leupold vx-7.  he was busy,  so that's about all i could get out of him.  browning has a shot show 22 auto that i want,  so i went down to see if he had ordered one at the show.  just thought i would give you guys some second hand info.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 16:55
Thank you for your post Fwinn.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 16:58

Thanks!!

As SVD has said, it's going to be a very interesting year in optics.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
longbow308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longbow308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 17:56
very interesting indeed, can't wait to see
whats to come in scopes an rifles.hopefuly
i'll get my wsm this year.might have to settle
for factory to start with.and then work on it.

heres to a new year fellows.
longbow308
Aim small Miss small
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 18:00

I'm hearing that the Swaro Z6 just about stole the show.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 18:02
Wow, Swaro is better than Leupold.  I am truly shocked.

ILya

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 18:09

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 18:20

Still are holding onto top honers for most expensive.

1-6x24- $1450 w/lit reticle $1850 or so

1.7-10- $1600 w/lit reticle $2025 or so.

2-12x50 $1700-w/lit ret. $2150 approx.

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 19:02

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

LOL!!!  "I don't care who you are now that's funny!!!!"

Every website is saying the same thing about the Z6: that it stole the show. 

SVD: Should be very interesting year in optics indeed.  You are so correct.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 19:04
is it spendy??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
fwinn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 19:32
roy finn,  i saw a site that is already advertising with price,  and you are right on the money.
don't try to change me, just accept me for who i am
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 20:01
With a 6x power range I think I would have concerns with durability and maybe size, Swarovski or not. I don't think they would skimp mechanically, just complexity and Murphy's law. Though that big S&B on SVD's .375 has warmed me up a little about big scopes on big (caliber) guns.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 08:50

ain't nothin wrong w/ a big bell, boys

i like my scopes like i like my women..........big.......heavy.......and bright..........

damn, i sound like a redneck. <guilty>

J

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 09:09

Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

With a 6x power range I think I would have concerns with durability and maybe size, Swarovski or not. I don't think they would skimp mechanically, just complexity and Murphy's law. Though that big S&B on SVD's .375 has warmed me up a little about big scopes on big (caliber) guns.

I saw the Swaro Z6 scopes this weekend at the Dallas Safari Club show (Swaro had a booth there), and the one thing that immediately struck me about them was that they were actually more compact than I'd expected.  I personally wouldn't worry about mechanical integrity in a Swaro product.  Optically, they looked absolutely fantastic, but all great optics look phenomenal inside a well-lit convention center.  They were also aesthetically very good looking scopes on the outside as well, in typical Swaro fashion.  The Swarovski reps at the booth said there was no change in the glass or coatings different from any of their other scopes, but that the broader magnification range provided 50% more FOV on the low end, compared to a typical 4X zoom scope topping out at the same power, and they had something like 20% more eye relief.  The only downside I saw to them is the hefty price tag.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 09:22

that's good info. i look forward to seeing one. thanks.

J

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 11:01
Great info Rifledude. If this info is true about the glass it is a bit disapointing to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic