OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Lighten Up - Wishlist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighten Up - Wishlist
    Posted: January/14/2007 at 21:50

I've had enough of WSM's, poor quality Leupolds, nikon sales, etc.

What is not available in a rifle scope today that you would like to see?  I'd like a 2-7X40+ with a small but very bright light attached for varmint hunting at night

silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 13:56

40mm tube  4a reticle, ed glass,1.5 to 8x, rail mounts for a 450 Marlin.  The guys keep trying to talk me into a bear hunt, but work needs to pick up....

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 14:13
An integrated light and scope unit would be nice. With the newer electronic calls and a scope like that snowshoe travel would be easier.
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2007 at 16:35
Originally posted by mwyates mwyates wrote:

I've had enough of WSM's, poor quality Leupolds, nikon sales, etc.

What is not available in a rifle scope today that you would like to see?  I'd like a 2-7X40+ with a small but very bright light attached for varmint hunting at night

Hmmm...  I like your scope idea.  Sounds interesting and very functional for your application.

Me, I'd like to see a 1.5x9 40mm with a variable illumination reticle similiar to the TDS but with a tiny dot at the center (just like the dot in the MP8).  Basically it would be a great mountain rifle optic.

mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 16:26
I guess since I want an attached light I'm going to have to deal with a battery, so I want to add an illuminated dot.   I don't have much trouble seeing a duplex reticle when I'm using a spotlight, but a tiny dot might be helpful at tiems.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 16:46

Ya know in this digital age I have higher expectaions...  I now expect the smart scope to not only range, but to detect hits.  I also want my pick of mp3s for when thing drop.  For example when bambi goes down I should be able to hear: Shana Naw an hey hey hey good bye, We are the Champions, if it took some extra shots then Boom Boom Boom by John Lee Hooker and finally Bubba Shot the Juke box 

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 16:50
Silver if you are serious about the MP3 I recommend a Zune by microsoft(way superior to a ipod), I can post a pic and the advatages later today if you would like.
seattlesetters View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seattlesetters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 20:35
I would love to see a nice low-to-high magnification (6X!) variable like a 2-12x42mm...which is just small enough to use with low rings for hunting.

Make it close to the length/weight of most manufacturers 3-9s, and have decent glass at or above Nikon Monarch, Weaver GS, Burris Signature Select, Pentax WTU, etc. Because in all reality, those scopes offer glass that is more than good enough to see well beyond any legal hunting times in any state in the Union.

Price it under $400 and offer #4, plex, bdc and heavy-plex reticles. 

I don't care where it's made as long as it's made well of good components and has good glass and a good warranty from the manufacturer.  If the company is doing business in the USA, then Americans will profit from it somehow.

Make the adjustments spot on and make it durable.

Make it in gloss, matte and stainless finishes.

Then make it in a smaller 1.25-7.5x40mm version for brush hunters and a 3-18x42mm version for combo hunting/varmint rigs.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic