OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swift scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swift scopes
    Posted: January/14/2007 at 13:38
I know Swift makes good opticals, like microscopes, but do they make good rifle scopes? I have an older one I acquired that is a 2.5-8X that seems OK, though I have not had it at the range yet..
What are some of your experiences with Swift scopes?
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 17:17
I own multiple modern Swift premier scopes and the optics are bright and clear, the E/W adjusments are reproducible, but requiring a penny to adjust, but with nice audible clicks.  They appear well built and finished.  I have not hunted them alot, so I cannot attest to how rugged they are, but I have no reason to suspect that they are no less rugged than any other scope that I own.  Overall, I believe they are a very good scope and an excellent scope for the money.

Edited by Dolphin
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 17:54
if you have one go bad you can take them to a place that sells them and they will give you a brand new one of the same model or something very close over the counter, no questions no hassles with mailing not a bad price for a nice product.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 18:52
Good point pyro6999.  I have never had a problem, so I have never needed to use their guarantee.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 18:55
i dont own any of there scopes but i have looked through a few and the one shop where i buy all my guns and occasionally a scope, sells them and thats the warranty in his words and he said he hasnt had to replace one yet.so i think they are ok.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 19:07
I have a Swift 15-45 spotter and it is a good scope for the money. When I bought it I was comparing it to a fixed power Pentax the dealer had. I was looking at a resolution chart, or what ever they are called, and the Swift won. This brought me full tilt over to the dark side of variable scopes. I don't know if this carries over to rifle scopes. A lot of birders use their optics, too.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 19:08

the way i understand this company makes a damn nice microscope! been around since like 1929 i think they might have an idea of how to make a piece of glass.

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
fishnpbr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnpbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 21:16
I have a Swift 1.5-4.5x21 that has been on a T/C Encore 209x50 for 6 or 7 years. It has functioned flawlessly and isn't to awful bad to look through. It is a modle 665M
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 21:17

Originally posted by fishnpbr fishnpbr wrote:

I have a Swift 1.5-4.5x21 that has been on a T/C Encore 209x50 for 6 or 7 years. It has functioned flawlessly and isn't to awful bad to look through. It is a modle 665M

thats a testimony to quality if i have ever heard one

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2007 at 22:12
Originally posted by fishnpbr fishnpbr wrote:

+1 Well done, could you make it shorter next time..............
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic