OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Any new Zeiss VM/V Line Product In 2007?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any new Zeiss VM/V Line Product In 2007?
    Posted: January/11/2007 at 18:48

Sorry if this is not suppose to be posted here or if its been discussed already.

I was wondering if Zeiss will be coming out with any new model scopes this year in the V line? I'm looking to purchase a scope premium scope with more than 3 magnification but less than 6. Zeiss has the 3-12x56 & the 6-24x56.

Just wondering does anyone know if they will produce something in between like with a 4 or 4.5 with a 50 or 52mm lens? I know they produce the 4.5 in the Conquest series, but wondering will they produce a scope similar in the V series?

Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 18:58

I am not shure why you would want this, lower power on the bottom end is great for CQ shots and FOV and then you increase your power from there to suit your shot need. Is the reticle to fine for you at 3x?

noddah View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 18:59
I have bought a 2.5-10x50 VM/V with a Reticle 42 from SWFA. I have been told my order wont be filled for another 6 to 8 weeks; for the reason my scope doesn't exist yet...
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 19:03
How about a S&B 4-16x50 PH?
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 19:15

Originally posted by noddah noddah wrote:

I have bought a 2.5-10x50 VM/V with a Reticle 42 from SWFA. I have been told my order wont be filled for another 6 to 8 weeks; for the reason my scope doesn't exist yet...

Great choice,that will be worth the wait.

Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 21:27
Originally posted by SVD666 SVD666 wrote:

I am not shure why you would want this, lower power on the bottom end is great for CQ shots and FOV and then you increase your power from there to suit your shot need. Is the reticle to fine for you at 3x?

I'll be hunting out west for the first time this year & I want something with a 4 power for 300 to maybe 400 yard shots.

I just wanted a little more magnification.

Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 21:29

I'm sure S&B is a fine scope, I guess I'm just stubborn. I'm really sold on Zeiss & Khales scopes.

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 22:08
From what I've heard, look up the magnification ranges that are used in Hensoldt scopes that are NOT being currently offered in the VM/V line.  Those are going to be the new offerings...
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 23:07
Originally posted by Obi Wan Kenobi Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

I'm sure S&B is a fine scope, I guess I'm just stubborn. I'm really sold on Zeiss & Khales scopes.

Is this because of the price of the S&B's? I can honestly say that if you appreciate fine quality you

will not be disapointed with a S&B. Zeiss is a great choice though, beter than Kahles.

Edited by SVD666
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 23:12

In the Hensoldt range there is two scopes that might interest you.

4-16x56 and 4-16x56 FF (first focalplane)

Hensoldt is the military version of Zeiss and is produced by the same machinery at the same factory in Wetzlar.

They are both sniperscopes and can only be bought by different sources that Zeiss (military dealers)

In the hensoldt range of sights there is also a lot of interesting accesories that rises the uservalue most considerably. Both ends of the scopes are threaded and I am ALWAYS using both sunshield and eyeshield on the sight. On some situations I do also use the yellow filter.

This sight is not the 4-16 but the ZF6-24x72

Regards Technika

Edited by www.technika.nu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic