OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best AR mounting method for IOR 4x24 Tact

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best AR mounting method for IOR 4x24 Tact
    Posted: January/05/2007 at 05:27
What is the best mounting method for the

IOR 4x24 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope?

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2007 at 15:06
What weapon, EOD?
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2007 at 15:19
That would be an AR-15 carbine.
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2007 at 17:08

For a flat top I would probably use Badger Ordnance ultra high rings (not sure if the max 50 will fit that scope). OR use the IOR riser that can be used with their rings and probably low  rings would work with a riser. Armalite has a one piece system rings and riser all in one but the one I have the screws have caused me trouble - too brittle.  There are other variations of risers that incorporate a flip up rear sight made by ARMS. and La Rue Tactical also makes some quality parts. As you can see there are several good ones. Some quick detach systems are almost as solid as these but my first pick is probably Badger.

IORFLAT IOR 1913 Picantinny Flat Top Mount IOR 1913 Picantinny Flat Top Mount
  • For AR15 / M16
SWFA: $74.95

IORHDTRLOW IOR Heavy Duty Tactical 30mm Rings IOR Heavy Duty Tactical 30mm Rings
  • Matte
  • Low
SWFA: $89.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2007 at 18:36
It all depends on how much money you want to spend.  Larue SPR/M4 mounts are very nice, but expensive.  I am not aware of anything better though.

ILya
Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2007 at 13:28
Warne has ultra high rings specifically for the AR platform. I have the QD's for one of mine and have bee very pleased. I also have a 10" rail extension to move the scope forward
juslearnin View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juslearnin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 19:26

Hi, newby here, but I recently mounted one of these.  Usually to mount a scope on an AR15 you need to have a mount that moves the scope up and forward.  In the case of the M2 the eye relief is very short- apparently because it was designed to be used on the AR.  For this reason, you don't have to push the scope forward off of the rail, and any tall rings should work.  The problem you may run into would be if you run a BUIS.  I use a matech, and I mounted mine with IOR QR high rings.  The scope didn't quite clear until I dremeled a small amount off the matech.  I think that the warne ultra high would clear most BUISs, or, if you use a riser you could get the height that way. 

As an aside, I like this scope, but it seems to have a very small "box" where your eye needs to be in order to have a full field of view.  You need to get up very close to it (NTCH), and it is not very forgiving in terms of moving the head side to side.  Good luck.

Edited by juslearnin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic