OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

monarch gold, meopta meostar,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: monarch gold, meopta meostar,
    Posted: January/04/2007 at 12:39
I'm kind of stuck and do not know which one to chose. I like the meopta meostar 3-12-56 and the nikon monarch gold 2.5-10-56. Any advise or any other suggestions in the same price range. Will be used for deer hunting  and longest shot will be about 300 yards. Hunting in S.C. pine trees so I need a scope that works well in low light.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2007 at 13:16

Meopta Meostar 3-12x56.Welcome to the OT tigerfan. I like the power configuration on the Monarch but the Meostar has better glass and construction IMO. You may also want to look at a trijicon amber 2.5-10x56. Meostar has the better glass but you get the 2.5 on the low with a tritium no1 style reticle on the trijicon.

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/TR22/trijicon_2.5-10x56_ accu-point_30mm_rifle_scope.htm

Edited by SVD666
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2007 at 13:30

i also hunt in SC (go gamecocks!!) in the lowlight - i have a meostar 56mm that is wonderful - tough, clear, and bright.

you can't go wrong.

welcome to the OT!! -

i made a shot in the woods at 6:23 the other night and could see quite well. (btw, i had one minute of legal time left)

try the meostar, you will love it.  what caliber are you using?

J

tigerfan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2007 at 14:02
Thanks for the suggestions I'm going to put it on a browning bar 30.06

Edited by tigerfan
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2007 at 14:49
I would love to see a pic of that and your scope choice and impresions. Keep us posted tigerfan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic