OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

T/C Black Diamond XR and Nikon Omega?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colonelreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T/C Black Diamond XR and Nikon Omega?
    Posted: December/31/2006 at 22:25
Just got a Nikon Omega for Christmas and wanted some opinions on what would be the best rings and bases to use for this setup?Quick release vs. set screws,hi,medium or low?,Manufacturer,etc.Thanks.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2007 at 04:33

http://www.riflescopes.com/departments/592/mounts/talley_mou nts/talley_lightweight_aluminum_scopemounts/thompson_center. htm

Will one of these work on your rig?

The Omega has a 40mm objective, so the low's should work for you.

Edited by cheaptrick
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
colonelreb View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colonelreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2007 at 15:52
Thanks for the reply cheaptrick,those look like some nice mounts,not sure if they would work on my setup or not.Kinda new to scopes and such(bowhunter mostly,bought a muzzeloader  about 2 years ago and just getting around to putting a scope on it,the omega is the first scope that ive owned)so im not sure exactly what i need.Just want to make sure that i purchase a set of mounts so to not have any problems when i mount it and sight it in.I found a post of a black diamond xr that looks exactly like mine.Maybe u can tell more about what would work for this.  
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colonelreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2007 at 15:53
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1678367

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2007 at 16:34

I have only shot a few smoke poles, my friend.

The link I provided say's it'll work on a T/C Omega, or so I thought. 

Have you searched the Muzzleloader Forum?

Try to give SWFA a call tomorrow.

They should be able to help you further.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2007 at 16:35
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colonelreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2007 at 23:00
Ohh sorry cheaptrick,the scope is an omega but the gun is a black diamond xr which is made differently than the omega or encore.The gun i have is a couple of years old and primer exposed unlike the newer style muzzeloaders.Ill give swfa a call and see what they have to say,Thanks again for the reply.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2007 at 03:41

Originally posted by colonelreb colonelreb wrote:

Ohh sorry cheaptrick,the scope is an omega but the gun is a black diamond xr which is made differently than the omega or encore.The gun i have is a couple of years old and primer exposed unlike the newer style muzzeloaders.Ill give swfa a call and see what they have to say,Thanks again for the reply.

I'm sorry.

I got confused....

Give SWFA a call, they'll square you away. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic