OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris XTS-235 Tactical Speedot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris XTS-235 Tactical Speedot
    Posted: December/29/2006 at 15:22

ALL

Any advance info on the new Burris XTS-235 Tactical Speedot ?

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 16:44
ALL

I have received some specs for new Burris XTS-235 Speedot. It is basically an Aimpoint clone with some differences you may see on the Burris website.
It has two colors (red and green) for the reticle. It has four different reticles and three brightness settings. It will sell for less than the Aimpoint. I can get LEO/Mil price of $208.00. So if you are a LEO/Mil, call Burris for the deal.

Here is the website link: www.burriscompany.com/tactical2.html

Here are some specs for the XTS-235.

3000+hrs battery life

˝” per click adjustments at 100 yards

30mm main outer tube diameter

9.5oz with adapter, flip up covers, and battery installed

5.5” without adapter but with both flip up covers, 6.5” with adapter and both covers

Water and fog proof

Thank you,

Burris Company

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 16:59

Thanks EOD.

What battery they use?

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 17:05

CT

As we know, Burris Customer Service is not perfect.  I did ask that question but he did not give me that data.

If you look at the pic, looks like the same type as Aimpoint.  Pure speculation.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 17:10
Originally posted by army_eod army_eod wrote:

CT

As we know, Burris Customer Service is not perfect.  I did ask that question but he did not give me that data.

If you look at the pic, looks like the same type as Aimpoint.  Pure speculation.

Right. 

My Aimpoint M2 had a wicked long battery life and I'm only seeing 3000 hours for this unit.

Hmmm....

I would think it would have the same battery life as a Aimpoint or be closer to it anyhow.

Edited by cheaptrick
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 17:13

If I am not mistaken, the XTS-135 battery life is only 200 hours.  And some of the EOTechs are the same.

For a Mall Ninja, the 235 is probably OK.  If I go back to the sandbox, I can req various optics, as you know.

Edited by army_eod

Niccolo Machiavelli

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 17:18

Originally posted by army_eod army_eod wrote:

3000+hrs battery life

??

army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 17:27
The specs came from Burris.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 17:31

Looks interesting... 

Being able to change reticles for different shooting scenarios is cool.

army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 17:35

Being the Mall Ninja I am, I am probably going to order one.

Last week, Burris told me they don't have any yet.  Probably waiting for a shipment from ???????

Where is the XTS-135 made?  SWFA sell it.

Torn between that and a FF II 3x9 LRS Ballistic Plex.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Tomac View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2007 at 06:59

IIRC the XTS-135 is made in S.Korea and is an upgraded version (better glass & seals) of the SPOT Mk.III that is so popular over at ARFCOM. I've used 2 of the 135's and while I liked them for what they are I was surprised that one had very little lens tinting (almost clear) and the other had a very heavy tinting (almost dark blue).

HTH...

Tomac

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic