OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

African live cam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: African live cam
    Posted: December/26/2006 at 18:18

I just got off this site and there was a full maned lion at the watering hole

http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wildlife&sh=africam

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2006 at 09:01
That's pretty neat! I seen something, but don't have a clue what it was!
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2006 at 09:24
In the last three days I have seen lion, hyena and wildebeast, mostly at night. They are seven hours different from us, so daytime viewing has been minimal for me. I only wake up at 3:00 AM for duck hunting........
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2006 at 11:56
I must have seen the Hyena then, It looked like a dog, but with standing hair on the back.   It's night time now, but I can't see a thing. They need night vision on the camera! That would be awesome.

Edited by Stephanie
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2006 at 09:42
I saw gazelles today and some type of four wheeler ran the hyenas off the other night. You can see the two track to the right top of the hole. By the way, use sound, it is really lively over there.

Edited by tahqua
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2006 at 16:20

lol... How can you see anything at night? I can't see anything.. I did see some lights flash real fast, maybe that was the fourwheeler?

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2006 at 17:24
I saw a vehicle drive down from the top left to the right. It was dark and it scared all the hyenas off. It appears as some people can pan and zoom the camera, also.  Now that I know there is sound I can't wait to hear the lions and hyena when they are in.

Edited by tahqua
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2006 at 03:07

Today @ 0400 EST there were two ducks or small geese of some sort.

Very cool, tahqua.  

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2006 at 09:16
Yesterday, all I seen was some butterflies & gnat's!  I want to see a Elephant or Lion!  A few seconds ago there were some Gnu grazing. One of the babies back leg is broke, and hanging by a thread. Kinda gross.
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2006 at 09:29

Zoomed in on a vulture @ 10:30 EST. Cool sounds............

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2006 at 09:57

The best thing I have seen yet is the MONEYS! That was right before they showed the vulture...

Getting dark now! I wonder what we will see tonight??

Edited by Stephanie
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2006 at 11:03
Elephant, cape buffalo and zebra
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 08:37
WHAT!  I MISSED THEM! What time did they come around?
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 09:22
I think it was around 9:30 AM EST, 4:30 local.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 15:47

tahgua,

Any more luck today?  I seen a little turtle today! I think there's something new everyday...

Oh! After sun set the camera moved to the left, and there where a bunch of lights!?!?

Do you have a clue to what it was?

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 16:40
There is a very large, sprawling lodge when the camera sweeps up and left. I saw that turtle, too. Something was making a deep chested roar last evening at sunset and spooked the waterfowl and smaller antelope type critters off. Waited for a lion to pop up, but it didn't happen. They are due.
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2007 at 11:11

Here you go

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2007 at 12:12
Did anyone see that leopard this morning? It was light out and suprising, I thought they were nocturnal.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2007 at 11:33
I seen a giraffe!    
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2007 at 12:03

It was a Field day at the watering hole today. All the animals were out right before the sun went down. I seen at least 6 different types of animals, if not more.

It felt like I was at the ZOO. Great web site!

Search is still on for the Leopard and Lion.

Edited by Stephanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic